Unthinkable but true, most insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same insurance company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. San Jose drivers could save approximately 35% every year by just shopping around, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to go online and compare rates.
Truthfully, the best way to get the cheapest Toyota Venza insurance in San Jose is to regularly compare prices from companies in California. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- First, gain an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, accidents and a lousy credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives additional ideas to help reduce prices and find possible discounts that are available.
- Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. View insurance agents
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you're comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
If you have a current car insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to reduce premiums without reducing protection. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in San Jose is really not that difficult. Comparison shoppers just need to know the best way to get comparison quotes from many different companies online.
Reducing your insurance rates is a great way to save money. You just have to take a few minutes to compare rate quotes online from several insurance companies.
It's so fast and easy to compare rate quotes online that it makes it obsolete to go to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing Toyota Venza insurance rate quotes online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the trained advice of a local agency. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop your insurance online but buy from a local insurance agent.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in San Jose, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Check for these premium slashing discounts
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but there's a good chance there are discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you don't get every credit you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- E-sign - A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy over the internet.
- Life Insurance Discount - Select insurance carriers reward you with a lower rate if you buy life insurance.
- Good Students Pay Less - Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don't apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn't quite work that way. But any discount should help lower your overall bill.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Toyota Venza insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. Data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving citations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO discounts include seat belt use, membership and employees, multi-policy, air bags, anti-theft, and emergency military deployment.
- MetLife offers discounts for multi-policy, good driver, good student, accident-free, defensive driver, and claim-free.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, and good student.
- Travelers may offer discounts for new car, payment discounts, student away at school, home ownership, driver training, hybrid/electric vehicle, and continuous insurance.
- SAFECO has discounts for accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, safe driver, drive less, and anti-theft.
- AAA offers premium reductions for AAA membership discount, anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, education and occupation, and pay-in-full.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not be available in San Jose.
Insurance coverage analysis
The coverage information shown below highlights estimates of insurance coverage prices for Toyota Venza models. Knowing how car insurance premiums are figured can help drivers make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Venza 2WD 4-Dr||$420||$930||$534||$32||$160||$2,076||$173|
|Venza AWD 4-Dr||$420||$930||$534||$32||$160||$2,076||$173|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase rates greatly.
Toyota Venza insurance rates by gender
The information below shows the comparison of Toyota Venza insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The illustration below shows the comparison of Toyota Venza insurance costs with and without full coverage. The premiums assume no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no clear-cut formula for phasing out physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Toyota Venza replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $300 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Neighborhood San Jose auto insurance agents
Many people just want to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in San Jose who will give you quotes for your coverage. You won't need to find an agent since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If you wish to get a rate quote for a specific company, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an company shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. A good agent in San Jose will have answers to these questions.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
Insurance agents can help
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you could use an agent's help.
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- What if I total my Toyota Venza and owe more than it's worth?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Why Smart Consumers Pay Less for Toyota Venza Insurance
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but some are more transparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are some of the things companies use to determine your prices.
Do you really need roadside assistance? - Policies have additional coverages that can add up on your insurance policy. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
The type of car you drive affects your prices - The make and model of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your rates. Economy passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The following data uses these variables: single male driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Toyota Venza insurance premiums compared to other makes and models that have a range of performances.
Can a thief steal your car? - Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all aid in stopping car theft.
Poor driving leads to higher premiums - Drivers who don't get tickets get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Even a single moving violation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who get serious citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to prove financial responsibility with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The information below shows how violations and at-fault fender-benders can affect Toyota Venza insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Save money with high credit - Having a bad credit score will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit score is not that good, you could save money insuring your Toyota Venza by improving your credit score.
Lower stress equals lower premiums - Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs such as judges, architects, and stock brokers have higher average rates due to intense work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, careers like farmers, engineers and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
Why do you need liability protection? - The liability section of your policy is the protection if you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Insurance losses for a Toyota Venza - Auto insurance companies factor in insurance loss information as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that tend to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Toyota Venza vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Venza 4dr 2WD||93||102||86||115||110||93|
|Toyota Venza 4dr 4WD||94||102||97||120||94||87|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance in California serves several purposes
Despite the potentially high cost of Toyota Venza insurance, buying insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Toyota at a much higher rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in California overpays as much as $700 annually so you should quote rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Don't give up on cheaper rates
Lower-priced Toyota Venza insurance in San Jose is possible from both online companies as well as from independent agents in San Jose, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies sell through local independent agencies.
When you buy San Jose car insurance online, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found in the articles below:
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for 4x4 Vehicles in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Jose Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota 4Runner in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Real Estate Agents in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)