The preferred way to find more affordable car insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers who can sell car insurance in San Jose. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like traffic citations and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies. Click to view companies
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around at least once a year are very likely to switch to a new company because there is a good chance of finding lower prices. A recent survey discovered that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved approximately $850 each year compared to those who never shopped around.
If finding low prices for Ford GT insurance is your ultimate target, then having some knowledge of how to find and compare auto insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in California. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Three reasons to insure your Ford vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford GT insurance, car insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most banks will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a much higher rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It also can pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Cheaper Ford GT insurance quotes in San Jose
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even know about. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but a few must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current GT insurance policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on San Jose auto insurance quote in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Club Memberships – Being in certain professional organizations may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% with a few car insurance companies.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle with the same car insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow their insurance company to study driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- American Family includes discounts for good student, TimeAway discount, early bird, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Nationwide may include discounts for multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, family plan, accident-free, defensive driving, and easy pay.
- MetLife offers discounts for multi-policy, good driver, good student, accident-free, defensive driver, and claim-free.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for automatic seat belts, early bird, homeowners, theft prevention, good student, student driver, and driver training.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include good student, youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, multi-car, and teen driver.
- Allstate discounts include eSmart discount, early signing, safe driver, defensive driver, anti-theft, and utility vehicle.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Savings might not be available to policyholders in your area. To locate providers who offer car insurance discounts in California, click here to view.
Compare prices but work with a local San Jose insurance agency
A lot of people just want to buy from a local agent and that is a smart decision Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is especially important in San Jose.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the quote information gets sent to insurance agents in San Jose that give free quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to drive around because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local San Jose insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies that you can choose from. Car insurance policy providers are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it is a good idea to know how they differ since it could factor into the selection process.
These type of agents are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Many can place coverage with smaller regional carriers which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agents in San Jose who may provide free price quotes.
- HealthMarkets Insurance Agency
543 W Capitol Expy – San Jose, CA 95136 – (408) 441-7777 – View Map
- All Spectrum Insurance Brokers
4010 Moorpark Ave #117 – San Jose, CA 95117 – (408) 604-0092 – View Map
- All Solutions Insurance – San Jose
574 Blossom Hill Rd – San Jose, CA 95123 – (408) 225-4300 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. They receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. A lot of people choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in San Jose who can help you get comparison quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
2195 Monterey Rd #20 – San Jose, CA 95125 – (408) 286-4342 – View Map
- Steve Sosnowski – State Farm Insurance Agent
841 Blossom Hill Rd #102 – San Jose, CA 95123 – (408) 629-4700 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Roger Nguyen
478 E Santa Clara St #216 – San Jose, CA 95112 – (408) 293-7250 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in San Jose?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions might point out whether you may require specific advice.
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Is my Ford GT covered for flood damage?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance coverage options for a Ford GT
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverage types available from auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like falling objects, hitting a bird and hail damage. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This covers damage to your GT resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a parking meter, rolling your car, colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your GT to bring the cost down.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses such as ambulance fees, funeral costs and X-ray expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance
This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 15/30/5 that means you have $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims such as structural damage, legal defense fees and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Ford GT.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5 in California), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Usually these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Some auto insurance companies may not offer price quotes online and usually these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agencies. Cost effective Ford GT insurance is available online in addition to local insurance agencies, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to reduce Ford GT insurance prices online in San Jose. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with the smaller companies. These companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
When shopping online for auto insurance, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a School Permit in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Jose Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Teenage Females in San Jose? (FAQ)
- How Much are San Jose Auto Insurance Quotes for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7 in San Jose? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)