To save the most money, the best way to find discount Chevy Trax insurance in San Jose is to start comparing prices regularly from companies in California. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
First, learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price like getting speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A good piece of advice is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Everyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who get comparison quotes once a year are likely to move their business because of the high probability of finding discount prices. A recent survey discovered that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved $860 a year compared to policyholders who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding budget-friendly Chevy Trax insurance is your objective, then having a grasp of the best way to shop and compare insurance can save time and money.
Compare San Jose Chevy Trax insurance rate quotes
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in San Jose, CA. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Chevy Trax insurance discounts in San Jose
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but a few must be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their company to track driving patterns by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- College Student Discount – Children who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for lower auto insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with some auto insurance companies.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Large auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, accident-free, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-policy, payment discounts, home ownership, good student, and driver training.
- American Family discounts include defensive driver, good student, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, and TimeAway discount.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for new graduate, teen driver discount, newly married, new move discount, newly retired, good student, and new vehicle discount.
If you need the cheapest Chevrolet Trax rate quotes, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Some credits may not apply to policies in San Jose. To find providers who offer discounts in California, follow this link.
San Jose Insurance Prices are Influenced by These Factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in better car insurance rates. Lots of factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors car insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Buy as much liability protection as you can afford – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Higher coverage deductibles are cheaper – Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The larger the amount the insured is willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Vehicle risk affects premiums – The make and model of the car you need insurance for makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Small economy passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Safer occupants lowers car insurance rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates.
- Big cities have higher prices – Living in areas with lower population has it’s advantages when it comes to car insurance. People in densely populated areas tend to have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Less people means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Does your job cost you more? – Careers like lawyers, airline pilots, and miners are shown to have the highest average rates in part from stressful work requirements and long work days. On the flip side, professions such as actors, students and the unemployed get better rates.
Loss statistics for a Chevy Trax – Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher loss trends will cost more to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Chevy Trax vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Trax Models Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Trax 4dr 2WD 79 Chevrolet Trax 4dr 4WD 81BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Comparing prices from local San Jose insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to have an agent’s advice and often times that is recommended Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
By using this simple form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents that can give you free San Jose auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You never need to visit any agencies because prices are sent directly to you. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting a company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in San Jose should be willing to answer these questions.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they function. Insurance agencies in San Jose can either be exclusive or independent. Either type can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in San Jose willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Lillian Moore – State Farm Insurance Agent
5589 Winfield Blvd #210 – San Jose, CA 95123 – (408) 268-8600 – View Map
- Tami Pratt – State Farm Insurance Agent
360 Kiely Blvd #125 – San Jose, CA 95129 – (408) 247-6800 – View Map
- Joe Fiorentino – State Farm Insurance Agent
1153 Redmond Ave Ste C – San Jose, CA 95120 – (408) 927-7526 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments and that allows them to write policies through many companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with smaller companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below are independent insurance agencies in San Jose who can help you get price quote information.
- Khalsa Insurance Agency
3750 McKee Rd A – San Jose, CA 95127 – (408) 272-2500 – View Map
- Taylor Benefits Insurance Agency
4820 Harwood Rd #130 – San Jose, CA 95124 – (408) 358-7502 – View Map
- All Spectrum Insurance Brokers
4010 Moorpark Ave #117 – San Jose, CA 95117 – (408) 604-0092 – View Map
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to your policy, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions might point out if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in San Jose?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
More comparisons equals cheap rates
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We just showed you a lot of information how to save on Chevy Trax insurance in San Jose. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional car insurance information is located at these links:
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Good Students in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Jose Auto Insurance Quotes for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)