Want to save money and find lower-priced Nissan Versa insurance in San Jose? If you are a novice to online car insurance shopping, there's a good chance you are bewildered by the large number of local and online companies all claiming to have the lowest rates for Nissan Versa insurance in San Jose.
Unimaginable but true, most drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in San Jose could save almost 35% each year just by comparing rates, but they don't want to take the time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you have a policy now, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using the techniques presented in this article. Shopping around for the most affordable auto insurance coverage in San Jose is not that difficult. But California consumers need to learn the way insurance companies calculate their prices.
Insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Insurance can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even know about. Certain credits will be shown when you quote, but some must be specially asked for in order for you to get them. If they aren't giving you every credit you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Pay Early and Save - If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Membership in Organizations - Being a member of a qualifying organization can get you a small discount when shopping for insurance.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Driver's Ed - Have your child take driver's ed class in school.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- College Student Discount - Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from San Jose and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- 55 and Retired - Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory options such as air bags may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn't quite work that way.
The information below illustrates the difference between Nissan Versa premium costs with and without discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- AAA may offer discounts for good driver, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and good student.
- Esurance discounts include renters, good student, paid-in-full, safety device, emergency road assistance, online shopper, and DriveSense.
- Nationwide may include discounts for anti-theft, easy pay, multi-policy, good student, and defensive driving.
It's a good idea to ask each company to give you their best rates. A few discounts may not be available in San Jose. To find insurers offering insurance discounts in San Jose, follow this link.
When shopping for Nissan Versa insurance in San Jose there are multiple ways to get quotes from different San Jose insurance companies. The best method to compare rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Just remember that comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding a lower rate than you're paying now.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Facts and figures for Nissan Versa insurance
The coverage table displayed below covers a range of prices for Nissan Versa models. Learning as much as possible about how auto insurance policy rates are established helps drivers make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Versa 1.6 SEDAN||$242||$582||$500||$30||$150||$1,504||$125|
|Versa 1.8 S Hatchback||$284||$834||$500||$30||$150||$1,798||$150|
|Versa 1.8 S SEDAN||$284||$834||$500||$30||$150||$1,798||$150|
|Versa 1.8 SL Hatchback||$326||$960||$500||$30||$150||$1,966||$164|
|Versa 1.8 SL SEDAN||$326||$960||$500||$30||$150||$1,966||$164|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in specific San Jose garaging location which can affect premiums noticeably.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The example below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Versa annual premium costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Nissan Versa Insurance
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find big savings.
The list below includes some of the major factors used by your company to calculate your premiums.
Tickets and citations cost more than a fine - Drivers who don't get tickets pay less for auto insurance as compared to those with violations. Having a single driving citation could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Drivers who get severe violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders raise Nissan Versa yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Discounts for auto and home policies - Lots of insurers allow better rates to buyers that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to 10 percent or more. Even if you're getting this discount it's always a smart idea to compare other San Jose Versa insurance rates to ensure the best deal.
Maintain auto insurance coverage - Not having insurance is not a good idea and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay more, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
Safer occupants lowers auto insurance rates - Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure - The performance of the car you are insuring makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Low performance passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The following chart assumes a married female driver age 50, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Nissan Versa policy rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performances.
Insurance loss data for Nissan Versa vehicles - Insurance companies use statistical claims data when determining insurance costs. Models that tend to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have a higher cost to insure. The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Nissan Versa vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is equal to 100. Values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have higher losses.
|Specific Nissan Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Versa Note||112||96||85||161||171||133|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When selecting insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there is no "perfect" insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your insurance should unique, too. These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
If you're not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
When should I get advice from an insurance agent?
Some consumers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get lower auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local agents is especially important in San Jose.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data is sent to insurance agents in San Jose who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. It's the lowest rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. A good agent in San Jose will have answers to these questions.
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- What companies can they write with?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in San Jose?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- How are they compensated?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- When do they do policy reviews?
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will require you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Nissan at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your Nissan and your personal assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
We just showed you many tips how you can reduce Nissan Versa insurance rates online in San Jose. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest rates come from an unexpected company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
When you buy San Jose auto insurance online, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Nissan Versa insurance in San Jose
The best way to find better pricing on Nissan Versa insurance in San Jose is to compare quotes annually from providers in California. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
First, try to learn a little about how your policy works and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as speeding and an imperfect credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A tip to remember is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
Additional car insurance information is located below:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)