Beginners to price shopping insurance coverage online might discover sourcing low cost Lexus ES 300h insurance is very challenging.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of California auto insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. American drivers could save themselves up to $859 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to do a rate comparison.
If you currently have car insurance, you will surely be able to cut your premiums using the ideas presented in this article. This information will help educate you on how insurance works and also pocket some savings But California drivers can benefit by having an understanding of the way insurance companies set your policy premium because it varies considerably.
How to compare Lexus ES 300h insurance quotes in San Jose, CA
When shopping for low cost San Jose auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare quotes from all the different companies. The fastest way to find cheaper rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
Keep in mind that more quotes increases your odds of finding a lower rate. Not every company provides rate quotes online, so you should also compare price quotes from those companies as well.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts on Lexus ES 300h insurance in San Jose?
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the more common and also the lesser-known ways to save on insurance. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your San Jose auto insurance quote.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower insurance rates.
- Life Insurance – Larger insurance carriers have a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can save you money because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck. But any discount should help lower your premiums.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good student, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, multiple policy, passive restraint, and multiple autos.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-theft, daytime running lights, military active duty, air bags, membership and employees, and multi-policy.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for defensive driver, good student, automatic seat belts, homeowners, and theft prevention.
- American Family has savings for mySafetyValet, air bags, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, and good student.
- The Hartford offers discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, bundle, and air bag.
- AAA discounts include good driver, pay-in-full, multi-car, education and occupation, anti-theft, and AAA membership discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in San Jose.
Here’s why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lexus ES 300h in San Jose, buying auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Lexus at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $855 a year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
When to get professional advice
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might point out if your situation might need professional guidance.
- What happens if I owe more than my Lexus ES 300h is worth?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Should I buy only the required California minimum liability coverage?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Auto insurance agents near you
A small number of people just want to go talk to an agent. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is especially important in San Jose.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent because prices are sent immediately to you. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Two types of San Jose auto insurance agents
If you need to find a local San Jose insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. San Jose agents are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents often have many company appointments so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you definitely need to include a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Most also write with mutual insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below are San Jose independent agencies that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- Casey Nguyen Insurance Agency, Inc.
1639 Meridian Ave a – San Jose, CA 95125 – (408) 286-4467 – View Map
- Mission Counties Insurance Agency
1777 Hamilton Ave – San Jose, CA 95125 – (408) 979-8160 – View Map
- HealthMarkets Insurance Agency
543 W Capitol Expy – San Jose, CA 95136 – (408) 441-7777 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in San Jose who can help you get price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: David Tofig
6116 Camino Verde Dr Ste 9 – San Jose, CA 95119 – (408) 281-9190 – View Map
- Gurmeet Gill – State Farm Insurance Agent
151 Bernal Rd #10 – San Jose, CA 95119 – (408) 224-3737 – View Map
- Rachel Bhan – State Farm Insurance Agent
1625 N Capitol Ave – San Jose, CA 95132 – (408) 272-2629 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- How often do they review coverages?
If you feel you receive satisfactory answers and locked in a price quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles.