Truthfully, the best way to get budget Audi S4 insurance in San Jose is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in California. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Gain an understanding of how car insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like traffic violations and a low credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to help prevent costly coverage and earn a bigger discount.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A key point to remember is to compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to compare all possible companies. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Statistics show that the majority of drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates with other companies. Consumers in California can save almost $500 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t believe the large savings they would see if they switched.
Obtaining price quotes for the lowest cost policy in San Jose is actually quite simple. In essence, every vehicle owner who compares rates for auto insurance will more than likely find a lower-cost company. But California car owners must comprehend the way companies sell online.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are used when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more obscure such as your marital status or how financially stable you are. Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. When you understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower insurance prices.
The items below are just a few of the factors companies use to determine rates.
Gender and car insurance premiums – The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Both sexes have at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the men get into accidents with more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Audi S4 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Single drivers may get higher premiums – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates when buying insurance. Having a spouse means you’re more financially stable and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
The type of car, truck or SUV makes a difference – The make and model of the car you own makes a big difference in determining your rates. The cheapest insurance rates are usually found on small economy passenger vehicles, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The chart below assumes a single male driver age 20, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Audi S4 rates compared to other models that have a range of performance rating factors.
Only buy incidental coverages you need – There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that can add up if you don’t pay attention. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
Audi S4 insurance loss statistics – Auto insurance companies study historical loss data when setting premium costs. Vehicles that statistically have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates.
The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Audi S4 vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi S4 4dr 4WD||206||78||182||51||57||75|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
The majority of larger companies allow consumers to get coverage price quotes direct online. This process is possible for anyone as you simply enter the coverages you want on the page. When the form is submitted, the system automatically orders information on your driving record and credit history and quotes a price based on the information you submitted. Getting online rates for Audi S4 insurance in San Jose helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get the lowest auto insurance rates.
To quickly compare rates now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you enter the insurance coverages as shown on your current policy. This way, you are getting rate comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in San Jose, CA. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance statistics and figures
The rate information displayed below highlights different prices for Audi S4 models. Learning as much as possible about how rates are established can be useful when making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S4 Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$318||$656||$386||$22||$116||$1,498||$125|
|S4 Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$318||$656||$386||$22||$116||$1,498||$125|
|S4 Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$350||$656||$386||$22||$116||$1,530||$128|
|S4 Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$350||$656||$386||$22||$116||$1,530||$128|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence premiums considerably.
The information below illustrates how your deductible choice and can increase or decrease Audi S4 insurance costs for each different age category. The information is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Audi S4 insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut formula to delete comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Audi S4 claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing you more than $500 a year for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Car insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Audi, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Audi for a much higher rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your car. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America overpays as much as $820 a year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Discounts can help to save on Audi S4 insurance in San Jose
Car insurance companies don’t always list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Audi could qualify for better auto insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on S4 insurance in San Jose.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger auto insurance companies have a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies provide a discount for signing up before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow data collection to scrutinize driving habits by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
The information below illustrates the difference between Audi S4 car insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, defensive driver, seat belt use, multi-policy, and air bags.
- MetLife may have discounts that include multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, good student, and good driver.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, and homeowner.
- Travelers offers discounts including payment discounts, multi-policy, driver training, hybrid/electric vehicle, home ownership, and multi-car.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safety rewards, homeowner, anti-theft, teen safe driver, safe driver, and multi-car.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-policy, good driver, good student, multi-car, and education and occupation.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not apply in San Jose. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in San Jose, click here.
What if I want to buy from local San Jose insurance agents?
A small number of people prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get lower car insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is definitely important in San Jose.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in San Jose who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You never need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from local San Jose agents, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they function. Insurance agencies in San Jose can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a list of independent agents in San Jose that may be able to give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
Sergio Plascencia Insurance Agency
3136 Story Rd – San Jose, CA 95127 – (408) 254-8336 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in San Jose who can help you get comparison quotes.
Reed Sparks – State Farm Insurance Agent
3119 Alum Rock Ave – San Jose, CA 95127 – (408) 923-2055 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Where are claims handled?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
One last thing about your coverage
As you quote San Jose car insurance, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
You just read some good ideas how to lower your Audi S4 insurance rates in San Jose. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better likelihood of getting low cost San Jose car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a small local company. They can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in San Jose? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in San Jose? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)