If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who sell auto insurance in San Jose.
- First, try to learn about how your policy works and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
A study showed that almost 70% of insureds kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even compared rates from other companies. California drivers could save 35% a year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around.
If you have coverage now or just want to save money, you can use these techniques to find better prices without having to cut coverage. Quoting and buying the lowest-priced coverage in San Jose is simple if you know the tricks. Comparison shoppers just need to understand the most efficient way to compare different rates from many different companies.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in San Jose, CA. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure an Acura in San Jose, paying for auto insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
First, most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your TLX, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Acura at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards both your Acura TLX and your personal assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your TLX are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so shop around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Score discounts to get cheaper San Jose auto insurance rates
Car insurance companies don’t list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden ways to save on auto insurance.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course in defensive driving could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents get the best auto insurance rates when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Memberships – Joining a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow data collection to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better rates.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The best auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for defensive driver, federal employee, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, anti-theft, and daytime running lights.
- Travelers includes discounts for student away at school, driver training, multi-policy, early quote, continuous insurance, new car, and IntelliDrive.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, renewal discount, 55 and retired, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for new move discount, preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, newly retired, good student, and multi-policy.
- American Family may include discounts for Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, early bird, bundled insurance, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
When comparing rates, check with each company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in San Jose. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in California, click here to view.
Shop online but buy locally
Some consumers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in San Jose.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you directly. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Listed below is a list of car insurance companies in San Jose willing to provide rate quotes for Acura TLX insurance in San Jose.
- Tina Choi – State Farm Insurance Agent
4300 Stevens Creek Blvd #130 – San Jose, CA 95129 – (408) 247-4713 – View Map
- Rolando Suarez – State Farm Insurance Agent
696 E Santa Clara St #110 – San Jose, CA 95112 – (408) 642-1399 – View Map
- Burch Boehner – State Farm Insurance Agent
201 E Taylor St #2 – San Jose, CA 95112 – (408) 287-8190 – View Map
- Sergio Plascencia Insurance Agency
3136 Story Rd – San Jose, CA 95127 – (408) 254-8336 – View Map
Picking the best provider should include more criteria than just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
There’s no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- What is the ISO rating for a Acura TLX?
- Who is covered when they drive my Acura TLX?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Persistence will pay off
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims or unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
We just showed you a lot of ways to save on Acura TLX insurance in San Jose. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting low cost San Jose auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices come from the least-expected company.
Some auto insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents. Cheaper auto insurance in San Jose can be found both online as well as from independent agents in San Jose, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional auto insurance information can be read at the links below
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap San Jose Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Jose Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Jose Car Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Real Estate Agents in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)