Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for lower-priced Saturn Sky insurance in San Jose? Trying to find the cheapest insurance for a new or used Saturn Sky in California can normally be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to make it easier. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance and you need to know the proper way to price shop coverage for a new or used Saturn and locate the lowest price.
It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. People who compare other prices are very likely to switch to a new company because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent car insurance study revealed that consumers who routinely compared quotes saved as much as $850 each year compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding discount rates on car insurance is your target objective, then having a grasp of the best way to shop and compare insurance rates can help simplify the process.
Smart consumers take time to quote other rates occasionally due to the fact that insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Saturn Sky insurance in San Jose on your last policy you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the best way to find great coverage at a great price.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in San Jose is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you already have coverage or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to reduce the price you pay and still get good coverage. Comparison shoppers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to find the lowest price using one simple form.
Do you qualify for discounts on Saturn Sky insurance in San Jose?
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details some of the best known and also the lesser-known ways to save on insurance.
- Save over 55 – Seniors may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to buckle up can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current Sky insurance policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Telematics Data – Insureds who allow companies to study where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Large insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, multiple policy, anti-theft, student away at school, and good driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- MetLife has discounts for multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, good student
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including 55 and retired, youthful driver, multi-policy, safe driver, and renewal discount.
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, good student, military active duty, driver training, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including drive less, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, safe driver, and homeowner.
Before buying, ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in San Jose. To view insurance companies with discount rates in San Jose, click this link.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rate quotes for Saturn Sky insurance in San Jose is to realize most insurance companies allow for online access to give you rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide information like if a SR-22 is needed, what you do for a living, the type of vehicles you drive, and if you went to college. Your information is then sent to insurance carriers in your area and they provide comparison quotes within a short period of time.
To start a rate quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
When to contact an agent
Many people still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in San Jose who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Which family members are covered?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
Two types of San Jose auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Insurance policy providers may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Agents of this type write business for a single company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in San Jose who can help you get price quotes.
- Jim Edington – State Farm Insurance Agent
361 Piercy Rd – San Jose, CA 95138 – (408) 225-2463 – View Map
- Dennis Stroup – State Farm Insurance Agent
6455 Almaden Expy Ste 103 – San Jose, CA 95120 – (408) 268-7800 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
2195 Monterey Rd #20 – San Jose, CA 95125 – (408) 286-4342 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which could offer lower prices.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in San Jose that can give you comparison quotes.
- Filice Insurance Agency
738 N 1st St – San Jose, CA 95112 – (408) 350-5700 – View Map
- All Coverage Insurance Agency
3033 Moorpark Ave #27 – San Jose, CA 95128 – (408) 244-9100 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Nathan Douglas Gleason Agency
1625 The Alameda Ste 402 – San Jose, CA 95126 – (408) 656-0034 – View Map
Auto insurance savings summarized
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Some insurance providers don’t offer online rate quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents. Budget-conscious Saturn Sky insurance can be found from both online companies in addition to many San Jose insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium and denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
How to find more affordable Saturn Sky insurance in San Jose
Truthfully, the best way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates in San Jose is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in California.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that increase rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unfavorable credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Click to view companies
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and to quote with as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Much more information about auto insurance in California can be read at these links:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)