The best way we recommend to get low-cost Toyota Yaris iA insurance is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in San Jose.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for more details to help keep prices low and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Select a company
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An important part of this process is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that a large majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. San Jose drivers can cut their rates by about $500 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will surely be able to cut your premiums using these techniques. Quoting and buying the most affordable insurance policy in San Jose is not as hard as you think. Although California car owners need to have an understanding of how the larger insurance companies determine what you pay because it varies considerably.
Most larger insurance companies make it easy to get coverage prices on their websites. Getting online rates for Toyota Yaris iA insurance in San Jose is easy for anyone as you just enter your coverage preferences into a form. Once you submit the form, their system collects your driving and credit reports and returns a price determined by many factors.
This streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s also necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find cheap prices.
In order to find out what other companies charge, compare rates from the companies below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in the insurance coverages just like they are on your policy. This way, you will be getting a price comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below provide quotes in San Jose, CA. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance quotes
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on auto insurance.
- Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few auto insurance companies.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable their auto insurance company to track their driving habits by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- E-sign – Many companies provide a small discount just for signing your application over the internet.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, driver’s education, defensive driving training, student away at school, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for youthful driver, distant student, electronic funds transfer, business and professional, pay in full, alternative fuel, and switch companies.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- GEICO offers discounts for emergency military deployment, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, federal employee, good student, anti-theft, and daytime running lights.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including paid in full, air bags, safe driver, student away at school, group or association, teen driver, and safe vehicle.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for bundle, air bag, defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, 55 and retired, renewal discount, good student, and multi-policy.
- USAA has discounts for safe driver, driver training, good student, multi-policy, and vehicle storage.
Check with every company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts might not be offered in San Jose. To find insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in San Jose, click here to view.
Why you need to buy insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Toyota in San Jose, buying insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Toyota Yaris iA with a loan, most banks will force you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Toyota for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Yaris iA are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Insurance agent or online?
Many people prefer to sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to participating agents in San Jose that can provide free San Jose car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you wish to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurer shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you want to use a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that you can select. Auto insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
These type of agents have only one company to place business with like State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. These agents are well schooled on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in San Jose who can help you get rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Anh Vu
3005 Silver Creek Rd #110 – San Jose, CA 95121 – (408) 270-3978 – View Map
- Reed Sparks – State Farm Insurance Agent
3119 Alum Rock Ave – San Jose, CA 95127 – (408) 923-2055 – View Map
- Doug Kim – State Farm Insurance Agent
1361 S Winchester Blvd #107 – San Jose, CA 95128 – (408) 370-2008 – View Map
These agents are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you will want to get some free quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a short list of independent agents in San Jose that can give you price quote information.
- Gatewood Insurance Agency Inc
1095 Bird Ave #2 – San Jose, CA 95125 – (408) 298-1611 – View Map
- Filice Insurance Agency
738 N 1st St – San Jose, CA 95112 – (408) 350-5700 – View Map
- Donald Browne Insurance Services
330 W Hedding St #207 – San Jose, CA 95110 – (408) 292-4329 – View Map