A recent study showed that a large majority of car insurance policyholders in California have bought car insurance from the same company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Many consumers in the U.S. can cut their rates by approximately 46.5% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to find cheap car insurance rates.
The best way to get low-cost Subaru Crosstrek insurance in San Jose is to annually compare prices from companies who provide car insurance in California. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, try to understand how companies set rates and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and an unfavorable credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Get quotes now
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
If you are already insured, you will definitely be able to find the best rates using the techniques presented in this article. Quoting and comparing the lowest-priced auto insurance policy in San Jose is not as time-consuming as you think. Although California vehicle owners should learn the methods companies use to sell online.
Just remember that getting more free quotes provides better odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in San Jose, CA. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise the entire discount list very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy San Jose auto insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- San Jose Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can get you a discount because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give lower car insurance rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off depending on your car insurance provider.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used Crosstrek can get you a discount since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow their insurance company to monitor driving habits through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your car insurance rates slightly.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of insurance companies who offer free Subaru Crosstrek insurance quotes in California, click this link.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lienholder, most banks will require that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Subaru at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance protects not only your Subaru but also your financial assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in California is overpaying over $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
You may need specialized insurance coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different and your insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Subaru Crosstrek to commute?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Compare prices but still have a local San Jose insurance agency
Many drivers would rather talk to a local agent and that is OK! An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can find the lowest rates and also buy local. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in San Jose.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are searching for a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in San Jose are considered either independent or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you will want to get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many can place coverage with small mutual carriers which can save you money.
Featured below are independent insurance agents in San Jose who may be able to give you free rate quotes.
- Casey Nguyen Insurance Agency, Inc.
1639 Meridian Ave a – San Jose, CA 95125 – (408) 286-4467 – View Map
- Lords Insurance Agency Inc
2239 Moorpark Ave #100 – San Jose, CA 95128 – (408) 289-5445 – View Map
- Khalsa Insurance Agency
3750 McKee Rd A – San Jose, CA 95127 – (408) 272-2500 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents can usually just insure with one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the brand rather than low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in San Jose who can help you get price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Phuong Tran
510 N 1st St Ste 224 – San Jose, CA 95112 – (408) 993-9898 – View Map
- Rachel Bhan – State Farm Insurance Agent
1625 N Capitol Ave – San Jose, CA 95132 – (408) 272-2629 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance
1080 Minnesota Ave # 4 – San Jose, CA 95125 – (408) 294-4348 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Where would glass claims be handled in San Jose?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- If they are an independent agency in San Jose, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?