It's amazing but over 70% of drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Consumers in California could pocket approximately 35% a year by just shopping around, but most just don't grasp the large savings they would see if they just switched companies.
Really, the only way to save money on car insurance rates in San Jose is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers in California.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a bad credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for ideas to get cheaper rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates to determine if you can save on G8 insurance. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One tip to remember is that you'll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
The best way to compare car insurance company rates for Pontiac G8 insurance in San Jose utilizes the fact most of the bigger providers participate in a system to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is give them rating details including the ages of drivers, if it has an anti-theft system, daily mileage, and what you do for a living. Those rating factors is submitted instantly to insurance companies and you will receive price estimates within a short period of time.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below offer free rate quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Car insurance is not optional
Even though San Jose G8 insurance rates can get expensive, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection if you don't want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Pontiac G8, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Pontiac at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so shop around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheaper Pontiac G8 insurance rates in San Jose
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Club Memberships - Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on your next insurance statement.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less may allow you to get cheaper insurance rates.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings as much as 30%.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way.
If you would like to see a list of providers that offer some of these discounts in California, click this link.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local San Jose insurance agent
Some people just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in San Jose.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information gets sent to companies in San Jose who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you're trying to find a reputable agency, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. San Jose agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can handle auto insurance, but it's good to learn the subtle differences since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. A lot of them also have access to mutual insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in San Jose that can give you comparison quotes.
- Donald Browne Insurance Services
330 W Hedding St #207 - San Jose, CA 95110 - (408) 292-4329 - View Map
- All Coverage Insurance Agency
3033 Moorpark Ave #27 - San Jose, CA 95128 - (408) 244-9100 - View Map
- Khalsa Insurance Agency
3750 McKee Rd A - San Jose, CA 95127 - (408) 272-2500 - View Map
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes use the same agent mostly because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in San Jose that can give you comparison quotes.
- Jim Edington - State Farm Insurance Agent
361 Piercy Rd - San Jose, CA 95138 - (408) 225-2463 - View Map
- Burch Boehner - State Farm Insurance Agent
201 E Taylor St #2 - San Jose, CA 95112 - (408) 287-8190 - View Map
- Reed Sparks - State Farm Insurance Agent
3119 Alum Rock Ave - San Jose, CA 95127 - (408) 923-2055 - View Map
Selecting a car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone's situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if you might need an agent's assistance.
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Is my Pontiac G8 covered for flood damage?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- If my Pontiac G8 is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
One last thing about your coverage
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is easier than you think.
When searching for low cost San Jose car insurance quotes, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We covered many tips how you can shop for Pontiac G8 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Jose Auto Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Good Students in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Police Officers in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Real Estate Agents in San Jose? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Jose Car Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)