It's safe to assume that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who shop around once a year will probably switch companies because of the high probability of finding discount prices. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved approximately $3,500 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If saving money on Mazda 2 insurance is your objective, then having a good understanding how to quote prices and compare coverage rates can save time and money.
It takes a little time, but the best way to quote cheaper Mazda 2 insurance in San Jose is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers who sell insurance in California. You can compare prices by following these steps.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many things that result in higher prices like multiple speeding tickets and an imperfect credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Compare rates now
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the newly selected company. Don't forget to place the new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you use similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Lower Your San Jose Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
Shown below are most of the major factors companies use to determine premiums.
- Credit rating impacts premium costs - Your credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. If your credit history is low, you could save money insuring your Mazda 2 by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower ratings.
- Marriage discount - Having a spouse helps lower the price on your car insurance policy. Having a significant other translates into being more stable financially it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Gender impacts premiums - Over time, data shows females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn't prove that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders tend to get into fender benders in similar percentages, but males cause more damage. Men also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Insurance prices and vehicle performance - The performance level of the car you own makes a huge difference in your rates. The cheapest rates are for economy passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The easiest way to compare rate quotes for Mazda 2 insurance in San Jose is to know the trick most of the bigger providers allow for online access to compare their rates. To get started, all you need to do is provide information like your occupation, your credit rating estimate, the make and model of your vehicles, and how old drivers are. Your details is then submitted to insurance companies and you receive quotes very quickly.
To compare multiple company cheaper Mazda 2 insurance rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Insuring your Mazda 2 just makes sense
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in San Jose, insurance is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mazda at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Mazda. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America is wasting up to $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there may be some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Good Students Pay Less - Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Own a Home - Just being a homeowner can save you money since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Distant College Student Discount - Children who attend college more than 100 miles from San Jose and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Claim Free - San Jose drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on San Jose auto insurance quote in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
It's important to note that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
The best auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- American Family offers premium reductions for mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, good student, air bags, accident-free, Steer into Savings, and early bird.
- State Farm has savings for student away at school, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and accident-free.
- 21st Century offers discounts for teen driver, 55 and older, defensive driver, early bird, and air bags.
- Travelers has discounts for student away at school, continuous insurance, good student, hybrid/electric vehicle, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, air bags, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, and federal employee.
Double check with each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Discounts may not be available in your area.
Should I talk to an insurance agency?
Many drivers still like to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local agencies is definitely important in San Jose.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information gets sent to participating agents in San Jose who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, you would need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, it's helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they function. Agents in San Jose are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in San Jose that can possibly get you price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: Nathan Douglas Gleason Agency
1625 The Alameda Ste 402 - San Jose, CA 95126 - (408) 656-0034 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. These agents are well schooled on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in San Jose who can help you get price quotes.
Deciding on an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Any good agent in San Jose should know the answers to these questions.
- Does their agency support local causes in San Jose?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in San Jose?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
How much insurance do I need?
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests or even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
In this article, we presented many ways to get a better price on Mazda 2 insurance in San Jose. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the best prices are with a small local company.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in San Jose is possible online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not provide rates over the internet and many times these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agents.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V in San Jose? (FAQ)
- How Much is San Jose Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)