If you want to save the most money, the best way to get discount auto insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from different companies who provide car insurance in San Jose.
Step 1: Read about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that cause high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and poor credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies. View companies
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One bit of advice is to use similar coverage information on each quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
Unbelievably, almost 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average premium in California being $1,390, drivers can save roughly 35% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't believe how much savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
All major auto insurance companies allow you to get insurance quotes directly from their websites. Comparing Hyundai Accent insurance rates online is quite easy as you just enter your coverage information into a form. When complete, the company's rating system orders reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price based on the information you submitted.
Using the web to get rates for Hyundai Accent insurance in San Jose simplifies rate comparisons, and it is important to do this if you want to find the best rate on auto insurance.
In order to use this form to compare rates, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you input the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This makes sure you're receiving a rate comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
The rate information displayed below covers a range of rate quotes for Hyundai Accent models. Being more informed about how insurance quotes are calculated helps drivers make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accent Blue 2-Dr Hatchback||$198||$430||$488||$28||$146||$1,290||$108|
|Accent GS 2-Dr Hatchback||$232||$524||$488||$28||$146||$1,418||$118|
|Accent GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$232||$618||$650||$38||$194||$1,732||$144|
|Accent SE 2-Dr Hatchback||$266||$712||$488||$28||$146||$1,640||$137|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can revise prices considerably.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper insurance rates
The diagram below shows how violations and at-fault accidents increase Hyundai Accent yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Hyundai Accent full coverage rates compared to liability only
The information below visualizes the comparison of Hyundai Accent auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in California. The prices are based on no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no exact rule for excluding comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's assume your Hyundai Accent replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $300 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Auto insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Auto insurance can be pricey, but you may qualify for discounts to help bring down the price. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before being credited.
- Cautious Driver Discounts - Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down on your Hyundai could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one isn't a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don't have any claims for a set time period.
- Mature Driver Discount - Mature drivers can get lower premium rates.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars with the same auto insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers who elect to allow their company to monitor driving habits by using a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, that's just not realistic.
The information below compares Hyundai Accent auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data assumes a female driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- 21st Century may include discounts for 55 and older, good student, teen driver, driver training, theft prevention, and defensive driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, multiple policy, and good student.
- AAA has savings for multi-policy, good driver, good student, multi-car, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for newly retired, safety features, new vehicle discount, newly married, new graduate, and multi-car.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
If you need inexpensive San Jose auto insurance quotes, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in every state.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Hyundai Accent in San Jose, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Accent has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Hyundai at an extremely high rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying over $865 each year so it's recommended you shop around at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Can't I get rate quotes from local San Jose insurance agencies?
A small number of people would prefer to go talk to an agent. Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from small agencies is important particularly in San Jose.
After completing this short form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific company, you just need to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to find a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agents in San Jose are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can do a good job, but it's worth learning why they differ since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don't have to do anything.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. Most can insure with companies that do not advertise much which can be an advantage.
Shown below are San Jose independent insurance agencies who can help you get price quotes.
- Cya Insurance Agency From Sn
1271 Story Rd #50 - San Jose, CA 95122 - (408) 971-4172 - View Map
- Donald Browne Insurance Services
330 W Hedding St #207 - San Jose, CA 95110 - (408) 292-4329 - View Map
- Casey Nguyen Insurance Agency, Inc.
1639 Meridian Ave a - San Jose, CA 95125 - (408) 286-4467 - View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They usually cannot compare other company's rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are San Jose exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- Al Olseen - State Farm Insurance Agent
3267 S White Rd - San Jose, CA 95148 - (408) 274-4900 - View Map
- Dennis Stroup - State Farm Insurance Agent
6455 Almaden Expy Ste 103 - San Jose, CA 95120 - (408) 268-7800 - View Map
- Andre Nguyen - State Farm Insurance Agent
4990 Speak Ln #220 - San Jose, CA 95118 - (408) 265-8888 - View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in San Jose, get answers to these questions.
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
If you receive positive feedback to any questions you have as well as a price you're happy with, you may have just found an insurance agency that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind consumers can cancel coverage whenever you choose to so don't feel you are locked into a policy for any length of time.