If you want to save the most money, the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers in San Jose.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for instructions to get lower rates and find hidden discounts.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Alpina B7 coverage is available in San Jose. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A good tip to remember is to try to use identical coverage information on each quote and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
A study showed that most auto insurance buyers have been with the same company for over three years, and almost half have never compared rates from other carriers. San Jose insurance shoppers could save an average of nearly 35% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't want to spend time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in San Jose, CA. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you get prices from several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
How much insurance do I need?
When it comes to a policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
If you can't answer these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Should I have guidance from an insurance agency?
A lot of people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can find lower car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in San Jose?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is the agency active in community causes in San Jose?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How many years have they been established?
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
If you're trying to find an insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Insurance agents in San Jose may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can write policy coverage, but it's worth learning the differences since it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below are San Jose exclusive agents who may provide you with price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in San Jose that are able to give price quote information.
LNA Insurance Agency Inc
999 Story Rd - San Jose, CA 95122 - (408) 280-5815 - View Map