To save the most money, the best way to find discount Porsche 911 insurance in San Jose is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies in California.
- Try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as inattentive driving and a low credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for additional tips to prevent high rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper 911 coverage is available. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new insurance company. Immediately upon receiving it, place the new certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on each quote and and to analyze every company you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Unthinkable but true, nearly 70% of drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,400, San Jose drivers could pocket roughly 35% a year just by shopping around, but they don’t know the rate savings if they switched to a more affordable policy.
This article’s intent is to introduce you to how insurance works. If you currently have insurance, you will surely be able to shop for the lowest rates using this strategy. Nevertheless, California vehicle owners can benefit from knowing the way companies determine what you pay and use it to your advantage.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost San Jose car insurance quotes
Car insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in San Jose can save you money since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new 911 can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more on 911 insurance in San Jose.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking time to complete a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower price if you buy life insurance.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower prices.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Porsche 911 insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, student away at school, payment discounts, early quote, and good student.
- 21st Century offers discounts including driver training, 55 and older, automatic seat belts, homeowners, and teen driver.
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, multiple policy, good driver, student away at school, good student, and multiple autos.
- GEICO discounts include good student, federal employee, air bags, military active duty, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-theft, safe driver, multi-car, homeowner, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, multi-car, and education and occupation.
If you want inexpensive San Jose auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in San Jose. To locate providers that offer some of these discounts in San Jose, follow this link.
Compare Porsche 911 insurance rates
The are a couple different ways of comparing rate quotes from many available insurance companies in California. The best way to find affordable Porsche 911 insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Doing online rates comparisons is so easy that it replaces the need to drive around to each insurance agency near you. Quoting Porsche 911 insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the personal advice only provided by licensed agents. Some companies do allow you to price shop online but purchase the actual policy in an agency. Keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates will improve the odds of getting the best rates.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in California. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Premium rates and analysis
The coverage information displayed below highlights different insurance policy prices for Porsche 911 models. Knowing how car insurance prices are determined can aid in making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|911 Carrera 2 2-Dr Coupe||$274||$670||$464||$28||$138||$1,574||$131|
|911 Carrera 4 2-Dr Coupe||$298||$670||$464||$28||$138||$1,598||$133|
|911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$298||$670||$394||$24||$118||$1,504||$125|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Coupe||$298||$670||$464||$28||$138||$1,598||$133|
|911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$298||$670||$394||$24||$118||$1,504||$125|
|911 Carrera 4S 2-Dr Coupe||$298||$734||$464||$28||$138||$1,662||$139|
|911 Carrera Targa 2-Dr Coupe||$298||$734||$464||$28||$138||$1,662||$139|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Convertible||$298||$734||$394||$24||$118||$1,568||$131|
|911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$322||$670||$394||$24||$118||$1,528||$127|
|911 Carrera Targa S 2-Dr Coupe||$322||$734||$464||$28||$138||$1,686||$141|
|911 GT3 2-Dr Coupe||$322||$798||$464||$28||$138||$1,750||$146|
|911 GT3 RS 2-Dr Coupe||$368||$860||$464||$28||$138||$1,858||$155|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$368||$860||$464||$28||$138||$1,858||$155|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$368||$924||$394||$24||$118||$1,828||$152|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence prices substantially.
Cost of full coverage in San Jose
The information below shows the comparison of Porsche 911 insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The rates are based on no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no exact formula to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Porsche 911 settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $400 annually for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
You may need help from an agent
Some people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local agents is especially important in San Jose.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When narrowing the list to find a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. San Jose agents can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you definitely need to compare quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in San Jose that can give you pricing information.
Sergio Plascencia Insurance Agency
3136 Story Rd – San Jose, CA 95127 – (408) 254-8336 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in San Jose that can give you price quotes.
Deciding on a insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in San Jose?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
If you feel you receive reasonable responses for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that can be trusted to properly service your auto insurance policy.
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
We just covered a lot of techniques to find cheap Porsche 911 insurance in San Jose. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company. These smaller insurers can often provide lower prices in certain areas than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
When you buy San Jose auto insurance online, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice full coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Versa in San Jose? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Good Drivers in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Nurses in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)