Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don't want you comparing rates. Insureds who compare rates once a year are very likely to switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding lower prices. A study discovered that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved approximately $865 a year compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving money on car insurance is your intention, then having some knowledge of the best ways to find and compare coverages can save time and make the process easier.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers that sell auto insurance in San Jose.
- First, spend some time learning about how companies set rates and the things you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives additional tips to get lower rates and find missing discounts.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper SLS AMG coverage is available in San Jose. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A good piece of advice is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Companies offering affordable Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG rates in San Jose, CA
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in San Jose, CA. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Slash your car insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don't always list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Discount for New Cars - Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on SLS AMG insurance in San Jose.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for reduced rates.
- Pay Early and Save - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Multiple Cars - Buying coverage for all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way.
For a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in California, click here.
Local San Jose auto insurance agents
Many people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower premium rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to insurance agents in San Jose that provide free San Jose car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to you instantly. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an provider shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. Any agent in San Jose should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- How long has the business existed?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
Different types of auto insurance agents in San Jose
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they work. San Jose agents are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below are exclusive agents in San Jose who can help you get price quote information.
Reed Sparks - State Farm Insurance Agent
3119 Alum Rock Ave - San Jose, CA 95127 - (408) 923-2055 - View Map
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part. When comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to contact several independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
Below is a list of independent agencies in San Jose that can give you rate quotes.
After talking to the agent and getting reasonable responses to all your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, it's possible that you found a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to service your policy. But remember, you can always cancel your coverage whenever you wish so don't think that you're stuck with a policy for any length of time.
Don't give up on cheaper coverage
While you're price shopping online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to find out they didn't have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
You just read many ideas to lower your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance rates in San Jose. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Some small companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies work with independent agents. More affordable auto insurance in San Jose can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood San Jose agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional auto insurance information is located at these links:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Jose Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in San Jose? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)