Being forced to pay for pricey car insurance premiums can take a big chunk out of your bank account and force you to tighten up your finances. Comparing cost estimates is a great way to tighten up your finances.
A recent car insurance study revealed that the vast majority of car insurance customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never shopped around. California drivers could pocket roughly $470 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rates online. Many car insurance companies vie for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies to find the lowest rate possible on Lincoln MKZ insurance in San Jose.
How to buy Lincoln MKZ insurance in San Jose, CA
Getting a cheaper price on Lincoln MKZ insurance can be surprisingly simple. The only requirement is to spend a few minutes on the computer getting comparison quotes online with multiple companies.
It’s so simple to compare auto insurance rate quotes online makes it obsolete to make phone calls or go to local San Jose insurance agencies. Comparing Lincoln MKZ insurance rate quotes online eliminates the middleman unless you’re the type of person who wants the trained guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. It is possible to obtain prices from the web but still have the advice of a local agent.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lincoln MKZ coverage analysis
The coverage table below highlights a range of insurance costs for Lincoln MKZ models. Understanding how auto insurance premiums are determined can aid in making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKZ 4-Dr Sedan||$300||$712||$650||$38||$194||$1,894||$158|
|MKZ AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$300||$712||$650||$38||$194||$1,894||$158|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can alter price quotes noticeably.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Lincoln MKZ insurance premiums for different insured age categories. The premiums assume a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Affordable Lincoln MKZ insurance in San Jose
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might be missing out on some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit. If you don’t get every credit possible, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a course in safe driver could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow driving data submission to monitor driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to certain professional organizations may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings up to 30%.
- No Claim Discounts – San Jose drivers who stay claim-free get the best car insurance rates when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Lincoln MKZ insurance rates with and without discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
If you would like to view car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in California, click this link.
Choosing Lincoln MKZ insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your MKZ, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Lincoln at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in San Jose overpays more than $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Should I talk to an insurance agent?
A lot of people prefer to talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that Agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in San Jose.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Two types of auto insurance agents
If you are searching for an insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Either type can handle insurance, but it is important to understand how they are different because it can factor into your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
When shopping rates, you will definitely want to compare prices from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in San Jose who may be able to give you free price quotes.
LNA Insurance Agency Inc
999 Story Rd – San Jose, CA 95122 – (408) 280-5815 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in San Jose that are able to give rate quotes.
Dennis Stroup – State Farm Insurance Agent
6455 Almaden Expy Ste 103 – San Jose, CA 95120 – (408) 268-7800 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What insurance companies do they work with in San Jose?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in San Jose?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the company have a local claim office in San Jose?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?