If you're shopping for lower-cost insurance online, are you overwhelmed by the dozens of auto insurance companies available to you? You're not alone. You have so many choices that it can be a difficult situation to find lower rates on Lexus IS 250 insurance. San Jose is a great city to live in, but finding the money to pay for auto insurance can make it hard for many drivers to affordably insure vehicles.
How to find low-cost rates for Lexus IS 250 insurance in San Jose
The recommended way to find low-cost auto insurance rates is to annually compare prices from companies in San Jose.
First, read about how insurance works and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and your credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A crucial key to this process is that you'll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to analyze as many companies as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
Statistics show that a large majority of auto insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. California drivers could cut their rates by 35% a year by just shopping around, but they don't know the big savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
You Can Change Your Insurance Costs
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that aid in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower premium levels. Many different elements are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
- High credit score translates to low costs - A driver's credit rating can be an important factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower ratings. If your credit history is lower than you'd like, you could save money insuring your Lexus IS 250 by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Do females or males drive better? - Over time, data shows women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn't mean females are better at driving than males. Both sexes are in accidents in similar numbers, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Young men ages 16 to 20 are several times more likely to be in an accident so it costs more to insure them.
The information below compares Lexus IS 250 auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Annual mileage impacts costs - The more you drive annually the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. An improperly rated IS 250 may be costing you higher rates. Make sure your auto insurance coverage is rated on the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Defend yourself with liability - Your policy's liability coverage will provide protection if ever a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Liability provides legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Small claims can cost you - If you tend to file frequent claims, you should expect higher rates. Companies in California award discounts to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Mature drivers pay less - Drivers with little experience are known to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
The data below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Never allow your auto insurance to lapse - Driving with no insurance is against the law and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you fines or a revoked license. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Claims statistics for a Lexus IS 250 - Companies use past insurance losses to help determine the price you pay. Models that statistically have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher premium rates.
The table below outlines the historical loss data for Lexus IS 250 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is considered to be 100. Numbers under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentages above 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Lexus IS 250 Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lexus IS 250 4dr 2WD 179 103 177 116 146 115 Lexus IS 250 4dr 4WD 177 87 186 118 Lexus IS 250 Convertible 135 80 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
To get affordable Lexus IS 250 insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare rate quotes from different San Jose insurance companies. The simplest method to do a complete rate comparison involves getting comparison quotes online. When comparison shopping, having more price comparisons will increase your chances of finding more affordable rates.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance statistics and figures
The information shown below highlights a range of rate quotes for Lexus IS 250 models. Understanding more about how insurance rates are formulated can help guide drivers when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|IS 250 4-Dr Sedan||$350||$718||$386||$22||$116||$1,592||$133|
|IS 250 AWD 4-Dr||$390||$718||$386||$22||$116||$1,632||$136|
|IS 250 C 2-Dr Convertible||$390||$718||$456||$26||$136||$1,726||$144|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Information does not factor in vehicle location which can modify rates substantially.
How accidents and tickets impact rates in San Jose
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can increase Lexus IS 250 insurance costs for each different age group. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lexus IS 250 in San Jose, paying for insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will force you to buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Lexus for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is wasting up to $850 per year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
You may qualify for discounts for Lexus IS 250 insurance in San Jose
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there's a good chance there are discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Online Discount - Some larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application on your computer.
- Theft Prevention System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% with some auto insurance companies.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that's just not realistic.
The information below shows the comparison of Lexus IS 250 insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data is based on a male driver, no claims or violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few companies that may offer most of the discounts above include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in San Jose. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies who offer free Lexus IS 250 insurance quotes in California, follow this link.
Car insurance quotes from local San Jose insurance agencies
Some consumers would prefer to have an agent's advice. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local agents is definitely important in San Jose.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won't even need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an company shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Where are claims handled?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in San Jose?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
Once you have answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurer that is reputable and can insure your vehicles.
Cover all your bases
As you prepare to switch companies, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests, high prices and high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for Lexus IS 250 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Lexus IS 250 rate quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Lexus IS 250 insurance in San Jose
The best way we recommend to get cheaper Lexus IS 250 insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers who can sell car insurance in San Jose. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Try to understand what is in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many things that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper IS 250 coverage is available in San Jose. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for the new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, put the new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to make sure you're comparing identical coverages on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. Doing this provides a level playing field and maximum price selection.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Jose Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Jose Car Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Seniors in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)