Finding cheaper San Jose Kia Spectra insurance quotes may be somewhat difficult for people that are not comfortable with quoting and price shopping online. When there are so many online companies, how can anyone have a chance to compare every car insurance company to find the best pricing?
Steps to finding lower priced Kia Spectra insurance in San Jose
The recommended way to get budget Kia Spectra insurance in San Jose is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers in California. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Gain an understanding of individual coverages and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as distracted driving and a low credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for more ideas to get better rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple companies. Compare rates
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application for the new policy. Make sure you store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Everyone knows that insurance companies don't want you comparing rates. Drivers who shop around for better prices are likely to buy a different policy because they stand a good chance of finding a lower rate. A recent study showed that people who made a habit of comparing rates saved approximately $865 annually compared to other drivers who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding discount rates on Kia Spectra insurance in San Jose is your intention, then having some knowledge of the best ways to shop for cheaper coverage can save time and money.
It's smart to compare prices periodically because car insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the best price on Kia Spectra insurance in San Jose a few years ago you can probably find a better rate now. There is too much inaccurate information about Spectra insurance online, but we're going to give you some guaranteed methods to lower your car insurance rates in San Jose.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in San Jose is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you have insurance now, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas you're about to read. But California vehicle owners do need to know how companies determine premium rates.
Take advantage of these premium slashing discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't always list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so here is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Drive Safe and Save - Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- Claim Free - Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a family member in the military can result in better prices.
- Student Discounts - Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Mature Driver Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a slight reduction on a San Jose car insurance quote.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
A few companies who may offer these benefits are:
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some credits might not be offered on policies in San Jose.
The quickest method to get rate comparisons for Kia Spectra insurance in San Jose is to know the trick most of the larger companies provide online access to compare their rates. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information like whether you have decent credit, driver ages, coverage limits, and whether or not you need a SR-22. That rating data is sent automatically to multiple different insurance companies and you should receive rate quotes almost instantly.
To compare lower-cost Kia Spectra insurance rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in San Jose, CA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
When do I need to talk to an agent?
Certain consumers still like to have an agent's advice. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to participating agents in San Jose that can give you free San Jose car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
If you want to buy car insurance from a reputable agency, it's helpful to know the different agency structures and how they operate. Agencies in San Jose can either be exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people use the same agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Shown below are San Jose exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Andre Nguyen - State Farm Insurance Agent
4990 Speak Ln #220 - San Jose, CA 95118 - (408) 265-8888 - View Map
- Thachvu Ho - State Farm Insurance Agent
1025 Lincoln Ave - San Jose, CA 95125 - (408) 267-4100 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Jeff Senigaglia
950 S Bascom Ave #2113 - San Jose, CA 95128 - (408) 297-6686 - View Map
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part.
When comparing car insurance rates, it's recommended you get insurance quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with companies that do not advertise much which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in San Jose who can help you get price quotes.
- Taylor Benefits Insurance Agency
4820 Harwood Rd #130 - San Jose, CA 95124 - (408) 358-7502 - View Map
- HealthMarkets Insurance Agency
543 W Capitol Expy - San Jose, CA 95136 - (408) 441-7777 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Nathan Douglas Gleason Agency
1625 The Alameda Ste 402 - San Jose, CA 95126 - (408) 656-0034 - View Map
If you feel you receive satisfactory answers to these questions as well as a price you're happy with, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that is reputable and can provide car insurance coverage.
Get the best coverage at the best price
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service, lack of trust in their agent and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, switching auto insurance companies is actually quite simple.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
You just read many tips how you can save on Kia Spectra insurance in San Jose. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest rates come from the smaller companies.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Kia Spectra insurance in San Jose
Really, the only way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in San Jose is to compare prices once a year from companies who provide car insurance in California. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of how companies set rates and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like traffic citations and a negative credit score can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Spectra coverage is available in San Jose. If you can save money and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One important bit of advice is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Additional auto insurance information can be found below:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Homeowners in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)