Do you want to learn how to find low-cost auto insurance rates in San Jose, CA? San Jose consumers have options when looking for affordable Kia Soul insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to compare prices or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a new or used Kia and get the lowest price.
You should take the time to quote other rates once or twice a year because auto insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the best deal on Kia Soul insurance in San Jose six months ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we’re going to show you one of the easiest ways to save on auto insurance.
Cheapest companies for Kia Soul insurance in California
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and data analysis
The coverage information below outlines detailed analysis of insurance prices for Kia Soul models. Understanding more about how auto insurance premiums are figured can be valuable when making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates greatly.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The chart below shows how violations and fender-benders increase Kia Soul auto insurance costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before they will apply.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like State Farm and Progressive permit an accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some insurance carriers give a lower rate if you buy life insurance.
- E-sign – Many companies will give a small break simply for signing on their website.
- Good Student – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a San Jose car insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The information below illustrates the difference between Kia Soul annual premium costs with and without policy discounts. The prices are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Insurance companies that may include these discounts include:
Before buying, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in San Jose. If you would like to view companies that offer multiple discounts in California, click this link.
Four Tips to Get Cheap San Jose Insurance Costs
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but others are more obscure such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
Youthful vs. mature drivers – Young drivers in California have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates. More experienced drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
The following chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Job reflects on premiums – Jobs such as real estate brokers, police officers, and financial analysts usually pay higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, occupations like scientists, athletes and performers pay lower than average rates.
- Insurance policy lapses raise insurance rates – Not maintaining insurance is illegal and companies may charge more for letting your insurance expire. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Don’t skimp on liability coverage – The liability section of your policy provides coverage if ever you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Insurance loss statistics a Kia Soul – Insurers use past insurance losses to help calculate premium rates. Models that are shown to have higher loss trends will cost more to insure.
The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Kia Soul vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Kia Soul Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Kia Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Soul 89 98 84 138 138 118BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you may require specific advice.
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Kia Soul is totaled?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- What is glass protection for?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Can’t I compare rates from local San Jose insurance agencies?
Certain consumers would rather talk to a local agent and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates and still have a local agent. Supporting small agencies is definitely important in San Jose.
After completing this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in San Jose that provide free San Jose car insurance quotes for your business. You won’t even need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both can sell insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the differences since it can affect buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, you need to get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options. Most independent agents also contract with small regional insurance companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in San Jose who can help you get pricing information.
- Oasis Insurance Agency Inc. Branch 4
1629 Alum Rock Ave – San Jose, CA 95116 – (408) 929-6111 – View Map
- LNA Insurance Agency Inc
999 Story Rd – San Jose, CA 95122 – (408) 280-5815 – View Map
- All Coverage Insurance Agency
3033 Moorpark Ave #27 – San Jose, CA 95128 – (408) 244-9100 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in San Jose who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Steve Sosnowski – State Farm Insurance Agent
841 Blossom Hill Rd #102 – San Jose, CA 95123 – (408) 629-4700 – View Map
- Mike Myers – State Farm Insurance Agent
4855 Atherton Ave #150 – San Jose, CA 95130 – (408) 550-7868 – View Map
- Rolando Suarez – State Farm Insurance Agent
696 E Santa Clara St #110 – San Jose, CA 95112 – (408) 642-1399 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in California?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in San Jose?
- How long has their agency been in business in San Jose?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How many companies do they write for?
Quote. Compare. Save.
We’ve covered many tips how you can lower your Kia Soul insurance prices in San Jose. The key concept to understand is the more you quote San Jose car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from the smaller companies. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
How to find lower priced Kia Soul insurance in San Jose
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get affordable car insurance rates in San Jose is to compare prices once a year from providers in California.
- Read about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates like at-fault accidents and an imperfect credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new agent or company. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Additional car insurance information is located on the following sites:
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in San Jose? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V in San Jose? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in San Jose? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tundra in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)