Amazingly, the vast majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never taken the time to shop around. San Jose drivers could save themselves approximately 35% a year, but they just don’t understand the big savings they would realize if they changed companies.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get discount Jaguar S-Type insurance in San Jose is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers who provide car insurance in California. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend how your policy works and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many things that increase rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit score can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to get cheaper rates and get bigger discounts.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Click to view companies
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new insurer. As soon as you can, put the certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A key point to remember is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
This article will tell you the best methods to compare rates and some tips to save money. If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the techniques covered below. Smart shoppers only have to learn the fastest way to shop from multiple carriers.
All major car insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow consumers to get prices for coverage online. Comparing prices online for Jaguar S-Type insurance in San Jose is very simple because it’s just a matter of typing in your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. When complete, the company’s rating system orders credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote based on many factors.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s also necessary to do this in order to find the cheapest price on car insurance.
To get comparison pricing now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter the coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you will get a fair comparison for similar coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in San Jose, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Jaguar S-Type insurance in San Jose
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even know about. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but some must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with one company you will save up to 20% and get you affordable Jaguar S-Type insurance rates in San Jose.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a San Jose car insurance quote.
- Military Rewards – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- San Jose Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with cheaper insurance rates.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies that have these discounts are:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
If you are trying to find affordable Jaguar S-Type insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not apply in your state. To choose insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in San Jose, click this link.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will require you to have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Jaguar at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Jaguar S-Type and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver is overpaying over $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Many people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision Good agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local agents is especially important in San Jose.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to companies in San Jose that give free quotes for your business. There is no need to do any legwork because prices are sent to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Insurance agent types
When looking for a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures to choose from. Agents are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences because it can impact the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not write with just one company so they can write business with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing insurance prices, we recommend you check rates from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Shown below are San Jose independent insurance agencies that may be able to provide price quote information.
- All Solutions Insurance – San Jose
574 Blossom Hill Rd – San Jose, CA 95123 – (408) 225-4300 – View Map
- Care Insurance Agency Inc
900 N 1st St E – San Jose, CA 95112 – (408) 292-2925 – View Map
- Gatewood Insurance Agency Inc
1095 Bird Ave #2 – San Jose, CA 95125 – (408) 298-1611 – View Map
These agents write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people use the same agent partially due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are exclusive agencies in San Jose willing to provide price quote information.
- Rolando Suarez – State Farm Insurance Agent
696 E Santa Clara St #110 – San Jose, CA 95112 – (408) 642-1399 – View Map
- Tina Choi – State Farm Insurance Agent
4300 Stevens Creek Blvd #130 – San Jose, CA 95129 – (408) 247-4713 – View Map
- Jim Edington – State Farm Insurance Agent
361 Piercy Rd – San Jose, CA 95138 – (408) 225-2463 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in San Jose, get answers to these questions.
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Does the company have a local claim office in San Jose?
Upon getting answers to your satisfaction to all your questions and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to service your policy.