Unbelievable but true, nearly 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Consumers in San Jose could save themselves roughly $469 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rates and save money.
If you want to save money, the best way to get the cheapest Kia Amanti insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from companies who can sell car insurance in San Jose. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
First, read and learn about how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a poor credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for the new policy. As soon as you receive it, keep the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get prices from all possible companies. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
If you have coverage now or just want cheaper coverage, use these techniques to reduce premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Our objective is to help educate you on the best way to buy inexpensive auto insurance and how to save the most money. Smart shoppers just have to know the fastest way to compare different rates over the internet.
All the larger insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive provide pricing from their websites. Getting online rates for Kia Amanti insurance in San Jose is fairly straightforward because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. When complete, their system orders credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information determined by many factors.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s also necessary to perform this step in order to get the lowest payment.
If you want to compare pricing, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate the coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This makes sure you are getting a fair comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Kia Amanti in San Jose, paying for car insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia Amanti has a loan, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Kia at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Kia but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America is wasting up to $865 each year so shop around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Cheaper rates with these discounts on Kia Amanti insurance in San Jose
Auto insurance companies don’t list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower premium rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total Amanti insurance premium.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers can save substantially in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to spy on where and when they drive by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could mean lower prices.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- College Student – Children living away from San Jose attending college and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
If you would like to view insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in California, follow this link.
Insurance agents can help
Many drivers would prefer to go talk to an agent. Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer because prices are sent to your email. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing an provider should depend on more than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in San Jose?
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you would like to find local San Jose agents, you need to know there are two different types of agents that you can choose from. San Jose agents may be either exclusive or independent. Either one can do a good job, but it’s good to learn the differences because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to use the same agent primarily because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in San Jose that are able to give price quote information.
- Andre Nguyen – State Farm Insurance Agent
4990 Speak Ln #220 – San Jose, CA 95118 – (408) 265-8888 – View Map
- Mike Myers – State Farm Insurance Agent
4855 Atherton Ave #150 – San Jose, CA 95130 – (408) 550-7868 – View Map
- Dick Alesch – State Farm Insurance Agent
164 N Bascom Ave a – San Jose, CA 95128 – (408) 918-0877 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not write with just one company so they can write business with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get several quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. A lot of them also have access to companies that do not advertise much which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in San Jose that are able to give price quotes.
- Khalsa Insurance Agency
3750 McKee Rd A – San Jose, CA 95127 – (408) 272-2500 – View Map
- Mission Counties Insurance Agency
1777 Hamilton Ave – San Jose, CA 95125 – (408) 979-8160 – View Map
- Casey Nguyen Insurance Agency, Inc.
1639 Meridian Ave a – San Jose, CA 95125 – (408) 286-4467 – View Map
Don’t give up on affordable rates
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
We just covered a lot of information how to get a better price on Kia Amanti insurance in San Jose. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the lowest premium rates are with an unexpected company.
Some companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agents. Cost effective Kia Amanti insurance can be bought online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for High School Students in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Jose Auto Insurance for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Jose Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)