Trying to find more affordable Jeep Commander insurance in San Jose? Locating the cheapest insurance for a Jeep Commander in California can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can use our car insurance buying tips to make it easier. There is a better way to shop for car insurance so you're going to learn the best way to price shop coverage for your Jeep and get the lowest price from San Jose insurance agents and online providers.
We don't have to tell you that auto insurance companies don't want customers comparing rates. Consumers who do rate comparisons are likely to buy a new policy because the odds are good of finding a lower rate. A recent study showed that consumers who shopped around annually saved over $72 a month compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the best price on Jeep Commander insurance in San Jose is the reason you're reading this, then having an understanding of the best way to quote and compare cheaper coverage can make the process less intimidating.
You should make it a habit to quote other rates at least once a year since prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best price on Jeep Commander insurance in San Jose a couple years back you can probably find a better rate quote now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you're about to learn the easiest way to find great coverage at a great price.
If you are already insured or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to reduce the price you pay and still have adequate protection. Comparing rates for the most affordable insurance coverage in San Jose is quite easy. Comparison shoppers just need to understand the best way to shop for insurance on the web.
The cheapest San Jose Jeep Commander insurance
Most companies allow consumers to get prices for coverage on the web. This process is fairly straightforward as you just type in your personal and coverage information into the quote form. Behind the scenes, their quoting system automatically retrieves your driving record and credit report and provides a quote based on these factors.
Using the web to get rates for Jeep Commander insurance in San Jose makes it simple to compare prices and it's absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find a better rate.
To save time and compare pricing, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you copy coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you are getting rate quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in San Jose, CA. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Determine discounts on San Jose insurance
Some providers don't always list the entire discount list very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy San Jose auto insurance online.
- Drive Less and Save - Low annual miles could qualify for cheaper rates.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being on active duty in the military can result in better insurance rates.
- Distant Student Discount - Kids who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- No Accidents - San Jose drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Membership in Organizations - Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for insurance.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Insuring multiple cars or trucks with the same insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Senior Citizens - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get reduced rates.
- Paperless Signup - A few larger online companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy over the internet.
- No Charge for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but certain companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you're out of luck.
The chart below shows the comparison of Jeep Commander premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The data is based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
Companies and their offered discounts include:
- 21st Century includes discounts for teen driver, good student, 55 and older, student driver, anti-lock brakes, theft prevention, and automatic seat belts.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- State Farm may have discounts that include safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, good student, multiple policy, student away at school, and passive restraint.
- Nationwide has discounts for accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, good student, business or organization, and multi-policy.
- Esurance discounts include anti-theft, good driver, online shopper, anti-lock brakes, paid-in-full, Switch & Save, and homeowner.
- The Hartford has savings for air bag, anti-theft, good student, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
When getting free San Jose auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company or agent how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To choose providers who offer free Jeep Commander insurance quotes in San Jose, follow this link.
Insurance data for a Jeep Commander
The premium information shown below showcases different rate quotes for Jeep Commander models. Being aware of how insurance policy rates are formulated is important for drivers to make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Commander Sport 2WD||$204||$372||$500||$30||$150||$1,256||$105|
|Commander Sport 4WD||$204||$440||$500||$30||$150||$1,324||$110|
|Commander Limited 2WD||$228||$440||$500||$30||$150||$1,348||$112|
|Commander Limited 4WD||$228||$440||$500||$30||$150||$1,348||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease coverage prices significantly.
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can impact Jeep Commander annual premium costs for each different age group. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage?
The chart below compares Jeep Commander yearly insurance costs with and without full coverage. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There isn't a written rule of when to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Jeep Commander replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $200 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
When to get advice from an agent
Certain consumers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Most agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you just need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Selecting a insurance company should depend on more than just the price. Any agent in San Jose should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in San Jose?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
The difference between San Jose car insurance agents
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance policy providers are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can write car insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to provide other company's prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Shown below are San Jose exclusive agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Anh Vu
3005 Silver Creek Rd #110 - San Jose, CA 95121 - (408) 270-3978 - View Map
- Jim Edington - State Farm Insurance Agent
361 Piercy Rd - San Jose, CA 95138 - (408) 225-2463 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Valentine Deleon
1425 Foxworthy Ave b - San Jose, CA 95118 - (408) 266-8500 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won't have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance prices, you absolutely need to include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. A lot of them also have access to different regional companies which can save you money.
Listed below are San Jose independent insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Cya Insurance Agency From Sn
1271 Story Rd #50 - San Jose, CA 95122 - (408) 971-4172 - View Map
- Khalsa Insurance Agency
3750 McKee Rd A - San Jose, CA 95127 - (408) 272-2500 - View Map
- Sergio Plascencia Insurance Agency
3136 Story Rd - San Jose, CA 95127 - (408) 254-8336 - View Map
If you get reasonable responses to these questions and an acceptable price quote, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that can provide car insurance coverage. Just understand that you can terminate your policy at any time so don't think you are locked into a specific agent for the full term.
What is the best insurance coverage?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you might need an agent's assistance.
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Jeep in San Jose, maintaining insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it's most likely the lender will require you to have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Jeep at a significantly higher premium and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $750 every year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Specifics of your car insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Commander caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things like crashing into a building, backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It's also possible to raise the deductible on your Commander in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as vandalism, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield and rock chips in glass. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's not worth carrying full coverage.
This coverage can cover damage that occurs to other's property or people by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 15/30/5 that translate to a limit of $15,000 per injured person, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like pain and suffering, bail bonds, legal defense fees and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses like X-ray expenses, surgery and pain medications. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Jeep Commander.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/5 in California), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
Cost effective Jeep Commander insurance can be bought from both online companies in addition to many San Jose insurance agents, so get free San Jose auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers don't offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers work with independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation and policy non-renewal. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
How to find discount Jeep Commander insurance in San Jose
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find low-cost Jeep Commander insurance in San Jose is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in California. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents and a less-than-favorable credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. Compare rates now
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new coverage. Once received, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle's registration papers.
A good tip to remember is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to analyze every company you can. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available at these sites:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap San Jose Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in San Jose? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in San Jose? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Teenage Females in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)