Are you tired of trying to find more affordable Chrysler Sebring insurance in San Jose? Nobody I know enjoys paying for auto insurance, particularly when they could get a better deal.
Sadly, the vast majority of consumers in California kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in America could save an average of roughly $859 each year, but most just don’t grasp the benefits if they switch to a new company.
There is such a variety of car insurance companies to choose from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, more choices can make it harder to get the best deal for Chrysler Sebring insurance in San Jose.
Low Cost car insurance in San Jose, CA
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Chrysler Sebring insurance charts and tables
The rate information displayed next outlines estimates of insurance costs for Chrysler Sebring models. Understanding more about how rates are determined can aid in making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sebring Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$380||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,790||$149|
|Sebring Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$380||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,790||$149|
|Sebring LX 2-Dr Convertible||$430||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,840||$153|
|Sebring Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$430||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,840||$153|
|Sebring Limited 2-Dr Convertible||$478||$932||$442||$26||$132||$2,010||$168|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise auto insurance rates noticeably.
Gender differences in insurance premiums
The information below visualizes the comparison of Chrysler Sebring premium costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Chrysler Sebring yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in California. The prices are based on no claims or violations, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There isn’t a steadfast formula for phasing out full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Chrysler Sebring claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $500 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Five factors that determine insurance premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that aid in calculating your premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs. Many different elements are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine prices.
Responsible credit saves on insurance – Having a good credit score can be a huge factor in your rate calculation. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chrysler Sebring by improving your credit score. People that have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit scores.
Get married and get better premiums – Having a significant other can get you a discount compared to being single. Having a significant other translates into being less irresponsible and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Commute or pleasure use – The higher the mileage driven every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Make sure your insurance policy shows the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. An improperly rated Sebring may be wasting your money.
Where you live factors in – Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money when talking about insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate. City drivers tend to have congested traffic and more time behind the wheel. The longer drive time statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Tickets inflate costs – Your driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Getting just one driving citation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. People who have license-revoking violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and at-fault collisions impact Chrysler Sebring car insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The premiums assume a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Affordable rates on Chrysler Sebring insurance in San Jose with these insurance discounts
Some companies do not advertise the entire discount list very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on insurance.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having primary and secondary vehicles with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The chart below shows the comparison of Chrysler Sebring insurance premiums with and without some available policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for location of vehicle, anti-theft, accident-free, type of vehicle, good driver, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including bundle discounts, good student, mature driver, homeowner, pay in full, switch companies, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for safe driver, driver training, 55 and retired, youthful driver, and renewal discount.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, multiple autos, driver’s education, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and accident-free.
- Allstate may include discounts for economy car, anti-lock brakes, teenSMART discount, premier discount, and early signing.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for daytime running lights, air bags, good student, multi-vehicle, and federal employee.
Double check with each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not be available to policyholders in San Jose.
Comparing quotes from local San Jose auto insurance agents
Certain consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is important especially in San Jose.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in San Jose that can give you free San Jose auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to drive around because prices are sent to you instantly. It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from an insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they work. Agents in San Jose are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, you will want to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agencies in San Jose who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company such as Allstate and State Farm. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive extensive training on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in San Jose that can give you price quote information.
Finding the right insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in San Jose?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
It’s not one size fits all
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your financial needs are unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if you could use an agent’s help.
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- What states are considered no-fault?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Quote more to save more
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an insured cut physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Some companies do not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents. Lower-priced car insurance in San Jose is definitely available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as high prices, questionable increases in premium, being labeled a high risk driver and even policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Steps to finding better rates for Chrysler Sebring insurance in San Jose
The recommended way to find discount Chrysler Sebring insurance is to compare prices once a year from providers in San Jose. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Gain an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Sebring coverage is available in San Jose. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new coverage. Be sure to put the new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
An important note is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on each quote request and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
Much more information about car insurance in California can be found on the following sites:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap San Jose Auto Insurance for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Active Military in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Jose Auto Insurance Quotes for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Nurses in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)