The recommended way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurers who can sell car insurance in San Jose.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates like getting speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
An important part of this process is to use the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rates from every company you can. Doing this provides a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
It's a fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who compare price quotes will most likely switch companies because they have a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey revealed that drivers who shopped around annually saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the best rates on Subaru WRX insurance in San Jose is why you're here, then having a grasp of how to compare insurance can make shopping around easier.
Cheaper rates with these discounts
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be available discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Payment Discounts - If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles on your Subaru could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Claim-Free Discount - San Jose drivers who stay claim-free get the best insurance rates compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Sign Early and Save - Select companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current WRX insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Driver Education Discount - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver's education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
Don't be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, that's just not realistic. Any amount of discount will help lower your policy premiums.
A list of insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, anti-theft, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
- American Family has discounts for TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for good student, student away at school, multi-car, save driver, new car, and payment discounts.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, business and professional, bundle discounts, switch companies, and multi-car.
- USAA offers discounts for family discount, multi-policy, vehicle storage, multi-vehicle, annual mileage, and military installation.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for multi-policy, multi-car, preferred payment discount, good student, newly retired, and hybrid vehicle.
When getting free San Jose auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not be offered in your state. To locate providers who offer insurance discounts in California, click here to view.
The easiest way to compare rates for Subaru WRX insurance in San Jose is to take advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers have advanced systems to quote your coverage. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them rating details including whether you are single or married, your general credit rating, your occupation, and how much coverage you want. That rating data is then sent to many different companies and you should receive rate quotes within a short period of time.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Subaru WRX now, click here and complete the quick form.
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in San Jose, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lower Your San Jose Insurance Prices
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that help determine car insurance rates. If you know what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower premium levels.
- Single drivers take more risk - Getting married may save some money on car insurance. Marriage usually means you are more financially stable and it's proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Don't skimp on liability protection - Your policy's liability coverage kicks in when a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Does car insurance cost more for men? - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don't assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. They both have auto accidents in similar percentages, but men have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Driving citations can increase costs - Your driving citation history impacts premiums far more than you think. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Just one moving violation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Drivers with careless violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Car plus home equals more savings - Most major car insurance companies allow a discount to customers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it's in your best interest to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.There is a chance you can find lower rates by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Safety ratings are a factor - Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Safer cars reduce injuries and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates. If the Subaru WRX earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
Insurance loss statistics a Subaru WRX - Car insurance companies analyze the history of losses to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Models that the statistics show to have higher loss trends will cost more for coverage.
The table below outlines the historical loss data for Subaru WRX vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger claims.
Subaru WRX Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Subaru Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru WRX 4WD 141 82 158 94 81 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agents can give valuable advice
Many drivers would prefer to have an agent's advice and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower premium rates and also buy local. Buying from neighborhood agents is important particularly in San Jose.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don't have to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to your email. It's the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to use a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in San Jose are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you should always include several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in San Jose that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
LNA Insurance Agency Inc
999 Story Rd - San Jose, CA 95122 - (408) 280-5815 - View Map
Sergio Plascencia Insurance Agency
3136 Story Rd - San Jose, CA 95127 - (408) 254-8336 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company's prices such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in San Jose that are able to give price quote information.
Gary Sanchez - State Farm Insurance Agent
2053 Lincoln Ave a - San Jose, CA 95125 - (408) 269-5001 - View Map
Choosing a auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction to all your questions as well as a price you're happy with, it's possible that you found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles.
Three good reasons to insure your Subaru WRX
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Subaru WRX in San Jose, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Subaru WRX, most banks will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Subaru at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Subaru. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America overpays more than $810 a year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to save money.
Shop smart and save
We've covered a lot of techniques to lower your Subaru WRX insurance prices in San Jose. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
As you shop your coverage around, don't be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
More information can be found at the links below
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)