Want more affordable Kia Soul EV insurance in San Jose? Online price comparisons for cheaper Soul EV insurance can be complicated if you are one of the millions of people new to online car insurance quotes. Don’t let the process intimidate you because finding affordable coverage for Kia Soul EV insurance in San Jose is easier than you think.
It’s well known that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around at least once a year are inclined to move their business because there is a good probability of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey revealed that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved approximately $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest price on auto insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having some insight into the best ways to shop for coverages can make it easier for you to save money.
If you have coverage now, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using these techniques. Our objective in writing this article is to familiarize you with the best way to quote coverages and how to save the most money. Although California vehicle owners benefit from understanding the way companies calculate their prices.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Many different elements are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but some are less apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that help determine your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower auto insurance prices.
- You might want pay the inexpensive claims yourself – Companies in California give the lowest premiums to policyholders who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Costs impacted by vehicle usage – The more miles you rack up on your Kia in a year the more you will pay for auto insurance. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance coverage states annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect rating for your Soul EV is just wasting money.
- Do men or women drive better? – The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females have auto accidents at a similar rate, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Teenage drivers cost more – Teenage drivers in California are statistically proven to be more careless with other occupants in the car so auto insurance rates are higher. Having to add a inexperienced driver onto a policy can cause a big jump in price. More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
- Bad drivers pay high prices – How you drive has a big impact on rates. Only having one moving violation may cause rates to rise by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have received serious violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- Prices are affected by your address – Having an address in less populated areas is a good thing when talking about auto insurance. City drivers regularly have much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims.
- Deter car thieves – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system help track and prevent vehicle theft.
- Certain employers raise rates – Jobs such as military personnel, air traffic controllers, and dentists are shown to have higher average rates because of stressful work requirements and long work days. On the flip side, careers such as farmers, athletes and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
To find low cost quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare quotes from many different California insurance companies. The quickest method to do a complete rate comparison is simply to get online rate quotes.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies provides better odds of finding more affordable rates.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia Soul EV has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your car insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $820 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
San Jose auto insurance discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but a few must be asked for before they will apply.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring several vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies offer discounts for signing up before your current Soul EV insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy San Jose auto insurance online.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow driving data collection to track vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a lower auto insurance rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
A partial list of companies that may include most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in your area. To choose insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in San Jose, click here.
Comparing prices from local San Jose auto insurance agents
Many people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to insurance agents in San Jose who want to provide quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good provider should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. A good agent in San Jose will have answers to these questions.
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
After receiving positive feedback to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you’ve probably found an insurance company that is reliable enough to properly service your auto insurance policy.
It’s not one size fits all
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- What are the best liability limits?
- What happens if I owe more than my Kia Soul EV is worth?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Quote more and you will save more
As you shop your coverage around, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More affordable auto insurance in San Jose can be found both online and with local San Jose insurance agents, so get free San Jose auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer rate quotes online and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
You just learned many ways to reduce Kia Soul EV insurance premium rates online in San Jose. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
How to buy affordable Kia Soul EV insurance in San Jose
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get the cheapest Kia Soul EV insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from providers in San Jose.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like speeding and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Soul EV coverage is available in San Jose. If you can save some money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new policy. Make sure you place your new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The key thing to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. This enables a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)