Tesla Model 3 insurance rates image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
If you want to save money, the best way to find lower priced car insurance rates in San Jose is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies that sell auto insurance in California. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as inattentive driving and your credit history can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Begin your rate comparison
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Model 3 coverage is available in San Jose. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a signed application for the new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you use the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
We don't have to tell you that insurance companies don't want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who get comparison quotes once a year will most likely buy a different policy because of the good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent car insurance study revealed that people who did price comparisons regularly saved $70 a month compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance in San Jose is why you're reading this, then having some insight into how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance premiums can make the process less intimidating.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that aid in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that could help you find better auto insurance rates. Many things are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but others are less apparent such as whether you are married or your commute time.
Listed below are most of the major factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- Prevent theft and save - Selecting a car model with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Extra policy coverages can add up - Policies have optional add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren't diligent. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you've never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
- High performance vehicles cost more to insure - The performance of the car you are insuring makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest insurance rates tend to be for economy passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Your age impacts your premiums - Beginning drivers in California are statistically proven to be more careless in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
- Consolidate policies with the same company - Lots of auto insurance companies will award a discount to buyers who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount applied, consumers should still check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Cheaper rates for prior coverage - Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse is a sure-fire way to increase your auto insurance rates. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the California motor vehicle department.
- Save money by having good credit - Having a good credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. If your credit score can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Tesla Model 3 if you clean up your credit. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with worse credit.
- Women tend to be lower risk - Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn't mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but males tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are the most expensive to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Tesla Model 3 insurance in San Jose is to take advantage of the fact most larger insurance companies participate in a system to compare rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as an estimate of your credit level, if your license is active, driver ages, and the make and model of your vehicles. The data is instantly sent to multiple car insurance providers and they provide comparison quotes within a short period of time.
To get price quotes for your Tesla Model 3 now, click here and complete the quick form.
The providers in the list below can provide comparison quotes in San Jose, CA. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Protect more than your Tesla Model 3
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Tesla in San Jose, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Tesla Model 3 with a loan, more than likely the lender will require you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Tesla at an extremely high rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Tesla as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $850 per year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Discounts for lower-cost insurance rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but some must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Defensive Driving Course - Passing a course teaching defensive driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discount for Good Grades - Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Telematics Data - People who choose to allow driving data collection to look at driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Paper-free Discount - A few insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on their website.
- Payment Method - By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers over the age of 55 can get lower premium rates.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better insurance rates.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that's just not realistic.
To view companies that offer multiple discounts in San Jose, click here.
When to contact an agent
Some consumers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this short form, your insurance data is submitted to companies in San Jose who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in California?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in San Jose?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
The following is a list of insurance companies in San Jose that can give you price quotes for Tesla Model 3 insurance in San Jose.
- Art Holland - State Farm Insurance Agent
5520 Almaden Expy - San Jose, CA 95118 - (408) 229-7870 - View Map
- All Solutions Insurance - San Jose
574 Blossom Hill Rd - San Jose, CA 95123 - (408) 225-4300 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Phuong Tran
510 N 1st St Ste 224 - San Jose, CA 95112 - (408) 993-9898 - View Map
- Donald Browne Insurance Services
330 W Hedding St #207 - San Jose, CA 95110 - (408) 292-4329 - View Map
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn't a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Should I buy only the required California minimum liability coverage?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Cheap coverage is out there
When buying insurance coverage, it's a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
There are still a few companies who do not provide internet price quotes and these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents. Budget-friendly insurance in San Jose is definitely available online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Jose Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Jose Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)