It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who compare price quotes will probably switch to a new company because there is a high probability of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey found that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved over $3,400 over four years compared to those who never shopped around.
If finding the best price on insurance in San Jose is the reason for your visit, understanding the best ways to find and compare coverage rates can make shopping around easier.
The easiest way to get budget car insurance rates in San Jose is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies who provide car insurance in California.
- Learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic violations, and a bad credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover more details to help keep prices low and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new company or agent. Once received, store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
If you have insurance now or just want cheaper rates, you can use this information to shop for the lowest rates without having to cut coverage. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in San Jose is easy if you know what you’re doing. Smart shoppers just need to know the least time-consuming way to compare different rates from many different companies.
The best way we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Hummer H2 insurance in San Jose utilizes the fact auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with free rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including if it has an alarm system, driver details, how much education you have, and the type of vehicles you drive. That rating data gets transmitted to multiple car insurance providers and you should receive rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To check rates for your car now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in San Jose, CA. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Get cheaper rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy San Jose car insurance online.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Seniors could receive reduced rates.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Distant Student – Children who are attending college and don’t have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on your bill.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles may allow you to get better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain insurance companies will give you a small discount simply for signing on their website.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To view companies who offer online Hummer H2 insurance quotes in San Jose, follow this link.
Smart Consumers Can Slash Their Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious such as whether you are married or your commute time.
Cut prices and deter theft – Buying a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your insurance. Advanced theft deterrents such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
Insurance premiums and vehicle performance – The make and model of the car or truck you own makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The lowest premiums will normally be found when insuring economy passenger models, but your final cost has many other factors.
Gender and car insurance prices – Over time, data shows females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males are responsible for accidents at about the same rate, but males cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Youthful male drivers have the highest risk to insure and are penalized with high insurance rates.
Experienced drivers pay less – Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers. Beginning drivers tend to be easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so insurance rates are higher.
Accidents mean higher premiums – Just one ticket can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have serious citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Big cities mean more claims – Being located in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices when talking about insurance. Residents of big cities regularly have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. Lower population translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
Insurance companies don’t like frequent policy claims – Car insurance companies in California give most affordable rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
When should I contact an insurance agent?
A lot of people still like to go talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local agents is important especially in San Jose.
After filling out this short form, your information is sent to local insurance agents in San Jose that can provide free San Jose car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to find an agent since price quotes are sent to your email. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Insurance agent types
If you want to buy car insurance from a reputable agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agents in San Jose are either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it is a good idea to know the difference between them since it may influence which agent you choose.
Independent insurance agents do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies through many different car insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
Below are San Jose independent insurance agencies that may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
San Jose Insurance
2542 S Bascom Ave – Campbell, CA 95008 – (408) 371-3700 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only write with one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are San Jose exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
Dennis Stroup – State Farm Insurance Agent
6455 Almaden Expy Ste 103 – San Jose, CA 95120 – (408) 268-7800 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. Any agent in San Jose should be willing to answer these questions.
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Is there a local claims center in San Jose?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
After getting satisfactory answers to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that can be trusted to service your policy. Just understand that it’s your policy and you can terminate your policy when you choose so never feel that you are permanently stuck with a policy with no way to switch.
Be persistent to save money
We covered a lot of ways to reduce Hummer H2 insurance premium rates online in San Jose. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting low cost San Jose car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Affordable Hummer H2 insurance in San Jose is definitely available both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote San Jose car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
More learning opportunities
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Used Cars in San Jose? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in San Jose? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Police Officers in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)