Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who shop around for better prices are inclined to buy a different policy because they have a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey found that people who regularly compared price quotes saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance is your goal, then having a grasp of the best way to compare car insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
The easiest way to get cheaper Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in San Jose is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who provide auto insurance in California.
- First, take a little time to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like speeding and a poor credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for more ideas to help keep rates affordable and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new coverage. Make sure you place the new certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. This helps ensure a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Finding affordable coverage in San Jose is quite easy. Essentially anyone who needs cheaper auto insurance most likely will find a cheaper policy. Although California drivers benefit from understanding how insurance companies market on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Car insurance providers offering affordable price quotes in California
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Save Money with These Tips
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the rating factors that play a part in calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Many insurance companies will award lower prices to insureds who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates. It’s possible to still save even more by insuring with multiple companies.
Gender and insurance coverage – Statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Females and males are in fender benders at about the same rate, but guys tend to have higher claims. They also get higher numbers of serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
Mature drivers pay less – Older, more experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets. Inexperience drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car so they pay higher insurance rates.
How’s your driving record? – Getting just one driving citation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Good drivers receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers who get dangerous tickets such as DUI or reckless driving may need to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
Drive less and get lower premiums – The more you drive in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. Many insurance companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates than cars that get driven a lot. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance policy is showing annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having the wrong rating on your C-Max Hybrid may be wasting your money.
Liability coverage safeguards assets – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the coverage that protects you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Insurance rates for married couples – Getting married may earn you lower rates on your insurance bill. Having a spouse may mean you are more mature and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Raise your coverage deductibles for better premiums – Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some coverage claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, damage caused by hail, and having your car stolen. The deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance.
Insurance losses for a Ford C-Max Hybrid – Insurers use historical loss data to help determine rates. Models that have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for specific coverages. The next table shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Ford C-Max Hybrid vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford C-Max Hybrid||99||92||95||94||89||100|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Save money with these money saving discounts
Some companies do not list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Senior Discount – Seniors may receive reduced rates.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best insurance rates when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Military Rewards – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having multiple vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies and some of the discounts include:
- State Farm may offer discounts for good student, driver’s education, student away at school, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- Travelers has savings for student away at school, continuous insurance, multi-car, early quote, and driver training.
- American Family has discounts for good student, early bird, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, air bags, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, new vehicle discount, newly retired, new move discount, safety features, and hybrid vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in San Jose. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer free Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance quotes in California, click here.
Insurance agents are professional risk managers
Certain consumers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in San Jose who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you need to compare prices from a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurer requires more thought than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in San Jose?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
Listed below are San Jose car insurance companies who can help you get comparison quotes for Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in San Jose.
Nationwide Insurance: Nathan Douglas Gleason Agency
1625 The Alameda Ste 402 – San Jose, CA 95126 – (408) 656-0034 – View Map
Upon receiving good feedback to these questions and a good coverage price, most likely you have located an insurance company that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you can always terminate coverage for any reason so don’t think you’re contractually obligated to any specific company with no way to switch.
Which is the best auto insurance?
When choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Ford C-Max Hybrid?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Is my Ford C-Max Hybrid covered if I use it for business?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Persistence will pay off
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
The cheapest Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in San Jose is definitely available on the web in addition to many San Jose insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through independent agents.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests or even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)