If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get affordable Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in San Jose is to annually compare prices from insurers that insure vehicles in California. This can be done by following these steps.
- Read and learn about policy coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as multiple speeding tickets and bad credit can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Grand Caravan insurance. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the new insurer. Once received, place your new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at as many different companies as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s astonishing, but 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. American drivers can save up to 47% each year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they changed companies.
Companies offering cheap Dodge Grand Caravan prices in San Jose, CA
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in San Jose, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Detailed insurance information
The premium information displayed below showcases estimates of insurance premium costs for Dodge Grand Caravan models. Having a good grasp of how insurance policy premiums are formulated can help customers make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Caravan CV||$234||$366||$596||$36||$178||$1,410||$118|
|Grand Caravan SE||$234||$366||$596||$36||$178||$1,410||$118|
|Grand Caravan Hero||$234||$446||$596||$36||$178||$1,490||$124|
|Grand Caravan Crew||$264||$446||$596||$36||$178||$1,520||$127|
|Grand Caravan SXT||$264||$446||$596||$36||$178||$1,520||$127|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can raise or lower rates significantly.
How careless driving impacts San Jose auto insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims increase Dodge Grand Caravan car insurance costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The illustration below shows the difference between Dodge Grand Caravan annual premium costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premium estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no definitive guideline to stop buying comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Grand Caravan book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $8,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $800 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Lower-cost San Jose car insurance quotes with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there may be some discounts to help bring down the price. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically before being credited. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- San Jose Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in San Jose may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote San Jose car insurance depending on your company.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Grand Caravan can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. You could save around 10% when you buy San Jose car insurance online.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having primary and secondary vehicles with the same car insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
We need to note that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the cost of your policy.
The chart below shows the comparison of Dodge Grand Caravan annual premium costs with and without discounts. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including renewal discount, multi-policy, safe driver, multi-vehicle, good student, driver training, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for preferred payment discount, good student, teen driver discount, multi-car, and newly retired.
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, good student, passive restraint, anti-theft, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include paid in full, anti-theft, mature driver, group or association, multiple vehicles, safe vehicle, and air bags.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-policy, military active duty, anti-theft, federal employee, defensive driver, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO has discounts for teen safe driver, anti-theft, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, and safe driver.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in San Jose. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies with the best Dodge Grand Caravan insurance discounts in California, click this link.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Compare rates but buy from a neighborhood San Jose auto insurance agent
Some people still like to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information is sent to participating agents in San Jose that give free quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurance company requires more thought than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
If you want to use a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they work. Insurance agencies in San Jose are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can sell car insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference between them since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are San Jose exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
- Nhut Ho – State Farm Insurance Agent
2048 Tully Rd – San Jose, CA 95122 – (408) 223-6163 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Roger Nguyen
478 E Santa Clara St #216 – San Jose, CA 95112 – (408) 293-7250 – View Map
- Van (Von) Le – State Farm Insurance Agent
301 N Jackson Ave #12 – San Jose, CA 95133 – (408) 259-8826 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company so they can write business with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get several quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most can insure with smaller companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below are San Jose independent insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Casey Nguyen Insurance Agency, Inc.
1639 Meridian Ave a – San Jose, CA 95125 – (408) 286-4467 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Nathan Douglas Gleason Agency
1625 The Alameda Ste 402 – San Jose, CA 95126 – (408) 656-0034 – View Map
- Khalsa Insurance Agency
3750 McKee Rd A – San Jose, CA 95127 – (408) 272-2500 – View Map
Lower rates by being persistent
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to compare Dodge Grand Caravan insurance prices in San Jose. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable San Jose car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company.
Discount Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in San Jose is attainable online and also from your neighborhood San Jose agents, so you need to quote San Jose car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not have online price quotes and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions or delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in San Jose, California? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in San Jose? (FAQ)
- How Much are San Jose Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)