It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who shop around for cheaper rates are likely to buy a different policy because of the high probability of finding a lower rate. A study discovered that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved on average $70 a month compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding low prices for Audi TTS insurance in San Jose is your objective, understanding how to shop for insurance rates can make it easier for you to save money.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in San Jose is to regularly compare price quotes from providers who provide car insurance in California.
- Learn about car insurance and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a negative credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to determine if you can save on TTS insurance. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A crucial key to this process is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Comparing rates for affordable policy in San Jose is quite easy. If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these tips to reduce premiums while maximizing coverage. Shoppers just have to understand the least time-consuming way to get comparison rates instantly.
The majority of larger companies make it easy to get coverage prices online. This process doesn’t take much effort because you just enter the amount of coverage you want into the form. After you submit the form the system collects your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote based on these and other factors.
This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find a better rate.
To save time and use this form to compare rates, check out the insurance providers below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
You may qualify for discounts for Audi TTS insurance in San Jose
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but some need to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
A partial list of companies that may have some of the discounts shown above are:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in San Jose, follow this link.
Local San Jose car insurance agents and auto insurance
Some people still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local. Buying from small agencies is important particularly in San Jose.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in San Jose who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home because prices are sent to your email. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you want a local agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they work. Insurance agencies in San Jose can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company so they can write business with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part.
If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to include multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. They often place coverage with smaller regional carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agents in San Jose that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
- Filice Insurance Agency
738 N 1st St – San Jose, CA 95112 – (408) 350-5700 – View Map
- HealthMarkets Insurance Agency
543 W Capitol Expy – San Jose, CA 95136 – (408) 441-7777 – View Map
- Gatewood Insurance Agency Inc
1095 Bird Ave #2 – San Jose, CA 95125 – (408) 298-1611 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Shown below are San Jose exclusive agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- Gary Sanchez – State Farm Insurance Agent
2053 Lincoln Ave a – San Jose, CA 95125 – (408) 269-5001 – View Map
- Mike Myers – State Farm Insurance Agent
4855 Atherton Ave #150 – San Jose, CA 95130 – (408) 550-7868 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: David Tofig
6116 Camino Verde Dr Ste 9 – San Jose, CA 95119 – (408) 281-9190 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How are they compensated?
What insurance coverages do I need?
Always keep in mind that when comparing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Lower Your San Jose Insurance Costs
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels. Many factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
Driving citations inflate rates – Attentive drivers receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. Even a single ticket may cause rates to rise by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have gotten careless tickets such as reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Higher prices for specific vocations – Occupational choices like lawyers, executives, and stock brokers tend to have higher premium rates in part from job stress and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, jobs like professors, students and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
Teenagers are high risk – Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Beginning drivers have been known to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
More performance means higher premiums – The performance of the car you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
You might want pay the small policy claims yourself – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in California generally give most affordable rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
Insurance losses for an Audi TTS – Auto insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that statistically have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates. The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Audi TTS vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi TTS 2dr 4WD||141|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying the right vehicle insurance in California is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Audi TTS in San Jose, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Audi at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
Third, insurance safeguards your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Audi gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $700 annually so compare rate quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
One last note
While you’re price shopping online, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Budget-conscious Audi TTS insurance can be sourced both online and also from your neighborhood San Jose agents, so you need to quote San Jose auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in San Jose? (FAQ)
- How Much is San Jose Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Wrangler in San Jose? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Company Car in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Sonata in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7 in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)