A study showed that nearly 70% of California drivers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and almost half have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in America could save $860 a year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp the amount of money they would save if they switch to a new company.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get affordable Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurers in San Jose. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, get an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for tips to prevent high rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A crucial key to this process is that you use similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
Finding quotes for the most affordable auto insurance policy in San Jose can be fairly easy. In a nutshell, every car owner who is required by state law to have auto insurance will most likely find a better price. But California consumers benefit from understanding how companies determine how much to charge and use it to find better rates.
The easiest way to compare rates for Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in San Jose utilizes the fact car insurance companies provide online access to provide you with a free rate quote. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like whether you are married, your occupation, how much coverage you want, and how many miles driven. The data is instantly provided to multiple top-rated companies and you will receive price estimates immediately.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in San Jose.
The following companies are ready to provide free rate quotes in San Jose, CA. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Why you need Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in California
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mercedes-Benz C350 in San Jose, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Mercedes-Benz C350, almost every bank will force you to have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Mercedes-Benz at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your Mercedes-Benz C350. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in California is overpaying more than $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Coverage statistics and figures
The coverage table shown below showcases estimates of coverage prices for Mercedes-Benz C350 models. Learning more about how insurance premiums are determined is important for you to make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C350 W 4-Dr Sedan||$430||$780||$442||$26||$132||$1,810||$151|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in your specific San Jose location which can influence coverage prices substantially.
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels and can affect Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
San Jose insurance discounts for a Mercedes-Benz C350
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may be missing some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote San Jose auto insurance depending on your insurance provider.
- Online Discount – Many companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on the internet.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with the same company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Save with a New Car – Buying insurance on a new vehicle may earn a small discount since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a San Jose auto insurance quote. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Allstate and GEICO permit an accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a specific time period.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your overall bill.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The information is based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer most of the discounts above possibly include:
When quoting, ask every company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not be available in San Jose. If you would like to see a list of companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in San Jose, click here.