Unbelievably, nearly 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and just under half have never compared quotes from other companies. San Jose insurance shoppers could save themselves almost 35% a year, but they just don't understand how easy it is to shop around.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for Land Rover Discovery insurance in San Jose is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers in California.
- Try to comprehend what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that increase rates like multiple speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in San Jose. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit a signed application and payment for the new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle's registration.
The most important part of shopping around is that you'll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on every quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Most larger insurance companies allow you to get prices on the web. Obtaining pricing for Land Rover Discovery insurance in San Jose can be done by anyone because you just enter the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. Once entered, the system automatically retrieves information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price based on the data you entered.
Getting online quotes for Land Rover Discovery insurance in San Jose makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is important to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the cheapest price on car insurance.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you will have a rate comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Score discounts to get cheaper San Jose insurance rates
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at quote time, but a few must be specifically requested before being credited. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you're paying more than you need to.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Claim Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on San Jose auto insurance quote in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Drivers Education - Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Safety Course Discount - Completing a course in safe driver could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Active Military Service - Being on active duty in the military could mean lower premium rates.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, driver's education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, anti-theft, passive restraint, and multiple policy.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, seat belt use, good student, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, and driver training.
- SAFECO has discounts for bundle discounts, accident prevention training, homeowner, safe driver, and teen safe driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for pay in full, switch companies, bundle discounts, mature driver, and business and professional.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good student, good driver, education and occupation, multi-car, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
- USAA offers discounts including defensive driver, family discount, annual mileage, good student, safe driver, vehicle storage, and new vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts may not apply in San Jose.
Choosing the best Land Rover Discovery insurance in California is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in San Jose, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Land Rover Discovery, it's most likely the lender will require you to have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Land Rover for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Land Rover and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $810 a year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How to know if you need help
When selecting adequate coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's situation is a little different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- What is the ISO rating for a Land Rover Discovery?
- What happens if I owe more than my Land Rover Discovery is worth?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- How high should deductibles be on a Land Rover Discovery?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Some consumers prefer to talk to an insurance agent. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you can get better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is sent to agents in your area that can give you free San Jose auto insurance quotes for your business. You won't even need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing an provider needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is there a local claims center in San Jose?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Exclusive and independent San Jose auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies that you can select. Auto insurance policy providers are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are San Jose exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Joe Fiorentino - State Farm Insurance Agent
1153 Redmond Ave Ste C - San Jose, CA 95120 - (408) 927-7526 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance
1080 Minnesota Ave # 4 - San Jose, CA 95125 - (408) 294-4348 - View Map
- Van (Von) Le - State Farm Insurance Agent
301 N Jackson Ave #12 - San Jose, CA 95133 - (408) 259-8826 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you won't have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, you need to contact at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most have the option of insuring with additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in San Jose that can give you price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance: Nathan Douglas Gleason Agency
1625 The Alameda Ste 402 - San Jose, CA 95126 - (408) 656-0034 - View Map
- Mission Counties Insurance Agency
1777 Hamilton Ave - San Jose, CA 95125 - (408) 979-8160 - View Map
- Lords Insurance Agency Inc
2239 Moorpark Ave #100 - San Jose, CA 95128 - (408) 289-5445 - View Map
Once you have received reasonable responses in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you've probably found an insurance agency that can provide auto insurance coverage.