Would you like to stop wasting money and find the cheapest car insurance rates in San Jose, CA? San Jose buyers have many options when searching for the lowest priced Hyundai Tiburon insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents to compare prices or utilize the internet to get rate quotes.
There are both good and bad ways to find car insurance online so we’re going to tell you the best way to compare rates for a Hyundai and obtain the lowest price either online or from San Jose insurance agents.
It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. People who compare rates once a year will probably switch companies because of the good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. Remarkably, a study showed that people who shopped around saved as much as $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If saving money on Hyundai Tiburon insurance in San Jose is your ultimate objective, then having some knowledge of the best way to quote and compare cheaper coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
How Your Tiburon Insurance Rates are Determined
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating your premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower auto insurance prices. Lots of things are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but others are more transparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
- File auto insurance claims and pay more – Auto insurance companies in California give discounts to policyholders who are claim-free. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Auto insurance policy lapses increase premiums – Not maintaining insurance is a misdemeanor and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in fines or a revoked license.
- Lower stress equals lower prices – Careers like judges, executives, and accountants tend to have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to high stress and long work days. On the flip side, occupations such as actors, students and retirees get better rates.
- Liability coverage risk factors – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if ever you are found liable for damages from an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
The quickest way to compare car insurance company rates for Hyundai Tiburon insurance in San Jose is to understand most of the bigger providers pay for the opportunity to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as if you have a valid license, if the car is leased, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, and the make and model of your vehicles. Those rating factors is submitted instantly to multiple top-rated companies and they return rate quotes quickly.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the form.
The following companies have been selected to offer quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insuring your Hyundai Tiburon just makes sense
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Hyundai has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Hyundai at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your Hyundai Tiburon and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Hyundai as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver overpays more than $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Save a ton by taking advantage of discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy San Jose car insurance online.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote San Jose car insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who are attending college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on your computer.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with the same insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Hyundai could earn discounted insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for membership and employees, daytime running lights, good student, seat belt use, and multi-policy.
- MetLife offers discounts for multi-policy, good student, claim-free, good driver, and defensive driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for low natural disaster claims, multi-policy, ease of repair, type of vehicle, and professional/association.
- 21st Century may include discounts for student driver, theft prevention, 55 and older, homeowners, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, and defensive driver.
- Allstate offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, auto/life discount, premier discount, senior citizen, and good student.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some credits may not apply to policies in your state. To see a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in California, click here to view.
You may need help from an insurance agency
Some people just want to buy from a local agent and that is a smart decision Good agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local insurance agents is still important in San Jose.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to your email. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
When finding a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence your agent selection.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you compare quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below are San Jose independent insurance agencies that may be able to give price quote information.
- Harrington Insurance Agency
6920 Santa Teresa Blvd #101 – San Jose, CA 95119 – (408) 754-9000 – View Map
- Oasis Insurance Agency Inc. Branch 4
1629 Alum Rock Ave – San Jose, CA 95116 – (408) 929-6111 – View Map
- All Spectrum Insurance Brokers
4010 Moorpark Ave #117 – San Jose, CA 95117 – (408) 604-0092 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. These agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in San Jose who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Tami Pratt – State Farm Insurance Agent
360 Kiely Blvd #125 – San Jose, CA 95129 – (408) 247-6800 – View Map
- Gurmeet Gill – State Farm Insurance Agent
151 Bernal Rd #10 – San Jose, CA 95119 – (408) 224-3737 – View Map
- Reed Sparks – State Farm Insurance Agent
3119 Alum Rock Ave – San Jose, CA 95127 – (408) 923-2055 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. A good agent in San Jose will have answers to these questions.
- How long has their agency been in business in San Jose?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in San Jose?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
Will just any policy work for me?
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different and your insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- How high should deductibles be on a Hyundai Tiburon?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in California?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Compare rates regularly to save
Cheaper Hyundai Tiburon insurance in San Jose can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents in San Jose, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not offer rate quotes online and these smaller providers work with independent agencies.
In this article, we covered many ideas to get a better price on Hyundai Tiburon insurance in San Jose. The key concept to understand is the more you quote San Jose car insurance, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive San Jose car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice full coverage and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
How to find lower priced Hyundai Tiburon insurance in San Jose
The preferred way to find affordable quotes for Hyundai Tiburon insurance is to compare prices regularly from providers in San Jose.
First, try to learn about how your policy works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Tiburon coverage is available in San Jose. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
More detailed insurance information is available by following these links:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable San Jose Car Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)