The most effective way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in San Jose is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies that sell auto insurance in California.
- Try to learn a little about how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for tips to get affordable coverage and get bigger discounts.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new insurance company. Make sure you place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most car insurance policyholders have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Most drivers in San Jose could pocket roughly $500 a year just by shopping around, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare other rate quotes.
If you are already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the techniques presented in this article. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in San Jose is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. But California vehicle owners must understand the way insurance companies compete online because rates fluctuate considerably.
When shopping for cheaper San Jose auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare quotes from many auto insurance companies in California. The fastest way to compare rates is to get quotes online.
Comparing free rate quotes online is easy and it, takes the place of having to physically go to insurance agencies in your area. Quoting and buying Audi Q3 insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the professional advice of a licensed agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to get prices online but buy the policy through an agent. Just keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area provides better odds of finding the best rates.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in San Jose, CA. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Why you need quality insurance for your Audi vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Audi Q3 in San Jose, buying insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Q3 with a loan, more than likely the lender will require you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Audi at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Q3 outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to save money.
Audi Q3 insurance discounts in San Jose
Some insurers don’t list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on auto insurance.
- Student Discounts – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their San Jose auto insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of more than 20%.
- E-sign – A few auto insurance companies will give a small break get San Jose auto insurance on your computer.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current Q3 insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will definitely lower your overall bill.
To locate auto insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in San Jose, follow this link.
Auto insurance agents are professional risk managers
Some consumers would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is especially important in San Jose.
Once you complete this quick form, the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you directly. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choose the right auto insurance agent
When narrowing the list to find a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they operate. Agencies in San Jose are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you include a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in San Jose who may provide comparison quotes.
LNA Insurance Agency Inc
999 Story Rd – San Jose, CA 95122 – (408) 280-5815 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in San Jose that can give you comparison quotes.
Dennis Stroup – State Farm Insurance Agent
6455 Almaden Expy Ste 103 – San Jose, CA 95120 – (408) 268-7800 – View Map
Picking an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is there a local claims center in San Jose?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
After talking to the agent and getting acceptable answers to any questions you may have and locked in a price quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles. But keep in mind you can always terminate your policy whenever you want so don’t think you are locked into your new company for any length of time.
Auto insurance policy coverages for an Audi Q3
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the usual coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Liability car insurance – This provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 15/30/5 that translate to a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims like attorney fees, funeral expenses, loss of income and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. California requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The chart below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be enough coverage.
Comprehensive coverages – This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like theft, damage from getting keyed, hail damage and vandalism. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Audi Q3.
Since many California drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (California limits are 15/30/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Normally these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses such as chiropractic care, prosthetic devices and hospital visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage – Collision insurance covers damage to your Q3 resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your Q3 to get cheaper collision coverage.
One last thing about your coverage
Budget-conscious Audi Q3 insurance can be bought both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop San Jose auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some companies don’t offer online price quotes and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to save on Audi Q3 insurance in San Jose. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best car insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
More learning opportunities
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Versa in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Jose Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in San Jose? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Jose Car Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)