The most effective way to get affordable Honda S2000 insurance is to regularly compare quotes from companies in San Jose. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many things that result in higher rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a negative credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for information to get lower rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Find a San Jose insurance agent
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new company or agent. As soon as you receive it, place the new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle's registration papers.
A tip to remember is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don't want their policyholders to compare prices. Insureds who compare other rates are inclined to switch insurance companies because the odds are good of finding a cheaper policy. A recent study showed that people who routinely compared rates saved $70 a month compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving money on insurance is your objective, then having some knowledge of how to get price quotes and compare auto insurance can help simplify the process.
This article will familiarize you with the best ways to compare prices and how you can save the most money. If you are insured now, you will be able to get lower rates using this information. Drivers just need to know the proper way to shop their coverage around from many different companies online.
Don't overlook these Honda S2000 insurance discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Multi-car Discount - Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- College Student - Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from San Jose and won't have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Full Payment Discount - By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Good Student - Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Telematics Data - Drivers that enable companies to monitor their driving habits by using a telematics device like Allstate's Drivewise may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
Remember that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- State Farm includes discounts for passive restraint, good driver, driver's education, Drive Safe & Save, good student, student away at school, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- American Family offers premium reductions for early bird, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, air bags, and mySafetyValet.
- AAA offers discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and good student.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, driver training, membership and employees, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and emergency military deployment.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include location of vehicle, type of vehicle, anti-theft, age of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, good student, alternative fuel, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, good student, and online quote discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in your state.
The providers in the list below provide quotes in San Jose, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Honda S2000 Insurance Costs?
Many things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven. Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you know what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The items below are a few of the things used by your company to calculate your rate level.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower prices - Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent auto theft.
- Get hitched and pay lower rates - Having a spouse may save some money on your auto insurance policy. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Rates are impacted by vehicle performance - The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest base rates are generally reserved for lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Drive a safer car and pay less - Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you.
- Drive less and get lower premiums - The more miles you rack up on your Honda every year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles left parked in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. A policy that improperly rates your S2000 is throwing money out the window. Verify your declarations sheet reflects the correct driver usage.
- Insurance companies don't like frequent auto insurance claims - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you should expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in California provide the lowest premiums to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Should I buy full coverage?
If you can't answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
When to have guidance from an agent
Many people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in San Jose.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to leave your computer because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents in San Jose are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can do a good job, but it's a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not restricted to one company and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to compare quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to smaller companies which could offer lower prices.
The following is a short list of independent agents in San Jose that can possibly get you pricing information.
- Filice Insurance Agency
738 N 1st St - San Jose, CA 95112 - (408) 350-5700 - View Map
- Khalsa Insurance Agency
3750 McKee Rd A - San Jose, CA 95127 - (408) 272-2500 - View Map
- Sergio Plascencia Insurance Agency
3136 Story Rd - San Jose, CA 95127 - (408) 254-8336 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents write business for a single company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. They are trained well on their company's products which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in San Jose that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Reed Sparks - State Farm Insurance Agent
3119 Alum Rock Ave - San Jose, CA 95127 - (408) 923-2055 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
2195 Monterey Rd #20 - San Jose, CA 95125 - (408) 286-4342 - View Map
- Nhut Ho - State Farm Insurance Agent
2048 Tully Rd - San Jose, CA 95122 - (408) 223-6163 - View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How long has their agency been in business in San Jose?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
After getting satisfactory answers for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that meets your needs to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Honda S2000 in San Jose, paying for auto insurance is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
You just learned a lot of tips how to lower your Honda S2000 insurance premium rates in San Jose. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the best premium rates are with a small local company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
While you're price shopping online, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Additional insurance information can be read at these links:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in San Jose? (FAQ)
- How Much is San Jose Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in San Jose? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Wrangler in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)