Locating the cheapest insurance for a Honda CR-V in California could be difficult, but you can use the following methods to make it easier. There is a better way to buy insurance so you're going to learn the quickest way to price shop coverage on a Honda and obtain the lowest possible price from San Jose insurance agents and online providers.
A recent insurance study discovered that nearly 70% of California drivers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. American drivers could pocket almost 47% a year, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switch to a new company.
The method we recommend to get rate comparisons for Honda CR-V insurance in San Jose takes advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers actually pay money for the chance to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data like if the car is leased, types of safety features, how much you drive, and whether you are single or married. That rating information is then sent to insurance carriers in your area and you will get price comparisons within a short period of time.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and complete the form.
The following companies have been selected to offer free rate quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and other information
The premium information displayed next outlines estimates of prices for Honda CR-V models. Learning as much as possible about how auto insurance prices are calculated can help you make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$256||$464||$424||$26||$128||$1,298||$108|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$256||$464||$424||$26||$128||$1,298||$108|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$256||$464||$424||$26||$128||$1,298||$108|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$294||$464||$424||$26||$128||$1,336||$111|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$294||$464||$424||$26||$128||$1,336||$111|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$294||$464||$424||$26||$128||$1,336||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can modify insurance rates significantly.
The chart below highlights how deductible selection and can increase or decrease Honda CR-V insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The data is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates in San Jose
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders drive up Honda CR-V insurance rates for different age categories. The rates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Choosing CR-V insurance is an important decision
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Honda in San Jose, paying for auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Honda CR-V, it's most likely the lender will require that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance protects your Honda CR-V and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $825 a year so it's recommended you shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
How Your CR-V Insurance Costs are Determined
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but some are less obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that aid in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you know what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower premium levels.
Lower prices with alarm systems - Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder vehicle theft.
Where you live is a factor - Being located in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. Urban drivers regularly have traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
Age of drivers - Older people are shown to be more cautious, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit. Inexperience drivers are known to be easily distracted when behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher.
The following data uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Policy add-ons add up - There are a lot of additional extra coverages that may not really be needed on your CR-V policy. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when discussing your needs, but if you've never needed them in the past eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Liability preserves assets - The liability section of your policy will protect you in the event that you are found to be at fault for an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles - The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest rates will normally be found when insuring lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The next chart uses these assumptions: single male driver age 50, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Honda CR-V insurance premiums compared to other vehicles that have a range of performance rating factors.
Honda CR-V insurance loss statistics - Companies use historical loss data when setting premium rates. Models that the statistics show to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for coverage.
The information below illustrates the insurance loss data for Honda CR-V vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda CR-V 4dr 2WD||68||81||58||93||86||77|
|Honda CR-V 4dr 4WD||69||82||69||90||87||78|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don't give up on affordable rates
Cheaper car insurance in San Jose is possible both online in addition to many San Jose insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
While you're price shopping online, it's very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can shop for Honda CR-V insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
How to find low-cost Honda CR-V insurance in San Jose
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Honda CR-V insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from providers who provide auto insurance in San Jose.
- Get an understanding of what is in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like traffic citations and a negative credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. As soon as you can, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you're comparing the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Jose Auto Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Jose Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Police Officers in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in San Jose? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)