Statistics show that the vast majority of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Many drivers in America could save themselves about $859 a year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to shop their coverage around.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get low-cost Ford Fusion Energi insurance in San Jose is to compare quotes annually from different companies who provide auto insurance in California. You can compare prices by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a negative credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for more information to help prevent costly coverage and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application for the new coverage. Once the application is submitted, place the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One important bit of advice is that you use similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can follow these tips to save money without reducing protection. Locating the best rates in San Jose is really not that difficult. You just need to use the quickest method to quote multiple rates over the internet.
The method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Ford Fusion Energi insurance in San Jose is to take advantage of the fact almost all companies have advanced systems to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including any included safety features, how much coverage you want, if the vehicle is leased, and whether you drive to work or school. Your details gets transmitted to many of the top insurers and you get price estimates almost instantly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The following companies are ready to provide free rate quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford Fusion Energi in San Jose, buying car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Fusion Energi, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your Ford Fusion Energi and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in San Jose
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower insurance prices.
- Having a spouse can lower premiums - Being married can actually save you money on your insurance policy. Marriage usually means you are more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Reduce insurance rates by driving vehicles with better crash test results - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If your Ford scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Never have insurance policy lapses - Not maintaining insurance is against the law and companies may charge more for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage can result in fines or a revoked license. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Increase coverage deductibles to save - Comp and collision deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Physical damage protection, also called 'full coverage', insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Responsible drivers pay less - Your driving citation history impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Good drivers get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Just one speeding ticket could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Drivers who have multiple violations such as DUI or reckless driving may need to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Premiums are affected by your credit score - Having a bad credit rating is a large factor in calculating your insurance rates. People with good credit tend to be better risks to insure than those with poor credit scores. So if your credit rating is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Ford Fusion Energi if you clean up your credit.
- Occupation and insurance rates - Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers such as judges, social workers, and dentists have higher average rates because of intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, professions such as farmers, students and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Youthful drivers cost more - Teen drivers in California are known to be easily distracted behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher. Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost San Jose insurance quotes
Some companies don't always publicize their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy San Jose car insurance online.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Mature drivers are able to get a slight reduction on a San Jose car insurance quote.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Early Switch Discount - Some companies reward drivers for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Fusion Energi insurance policy. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a family member in the military can result in better insurance rates.
- Early Payment Discounts - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies aren't that generous.
If you would like to see a list of companies offering insurance discounts in San Jose, click here to view.
Different people need different car insurance coverages
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different and your car insurance should unique, too. For example, these questions might point out whether your personal situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Will my Ford Fusion Energi be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Compare rates but work with a local San Jose insurance agency
Certain consumers just want to sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents in San Jose who will give you quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurer is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Any agent in San Jose should be willing to answer these questions.
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in San Jose?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you need to find a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agents in San Jose are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but it's important to know the subtle differences because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents are contracted to one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. They are trained well on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Shown below are San Jose exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, it's recommended you include price quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below are San Jose independent agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Nathan Douglas Gleason Agency
1625 The Alameda Ste 402 - San Jose, CA 95126 - (408) 656-0034 - View Map
LNA Insurance Agency Inc
999 Story Rd - San Jose, CA 95122 - (408) 280-5815 - View Map
A little work can save a LOT of money
More affordable auto insurance in San Jose can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood San Jose agents, so get free San Jose car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. A few companies don't offer online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
When searching for inexpensive San Jose car insurance quotes, make sure you don't sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price.
Much more information about auto insurance in California can be read at the links below
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Teachers in San Jose? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Jose Auto Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Jose Auto Insurance Quotes for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Jose Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Jose Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)