The recommended way to save money on auto insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers in San Jose. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Spend some time learning about policy coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that drive up the price like traffic citations, accidents, and a substandard credit history can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Stinger coverage is available in San Jose. If you can save some money and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new insurance company. When you receive it, place the new certificate of insurance along with the vehicle's registration papers.
A tip to remember is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get quotes from every company you can. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the vast majority of car insurance customers have remained with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and almost half have never compared quotes from other companies. The average driver in San Jose could cut their rates by roughly $469 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just feel it's too hard to shop around.
When comparison shopping, quoting more will improve the odds of getting more affordable insurance. Some smaller insurers do not give price estimates online, so you should also compare rates from those companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Here's why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Stinger in San Jose, paying for insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your car with a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in San Jose overpays more than $800 each year so it's important to compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Get cheaper Kia Stinger insurance in San Jose with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there's a good chance there are discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but a few must be inquired about in order for you to get them. If they aren't giving you every credit possible, you're paying more than you need to.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used Stinger can save up to 30% because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Resident Student - College-age children living away from San Jose attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Have your child participate in a local driver's education class as it can save substantially.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Multiple Vehicles - Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
It's important to note that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren't that generous. Any qualifying discounts will cut your policy premiums.
To choose companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in San Jose, click here.
Insurance agents near you
A small number of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find lower rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local agents is especially important in San Jose.
By using this short form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in San Jose that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You'll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in San Jose
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. San Jose agents can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part. When comparing car insurance rates, it's recommended you compare quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in San Jose that can give you rate quotes.
San Jose Insurance
2542 S Bascom Ave - Campbell, CA 95008 - (408) 371-3700 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents work for only one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company's rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in San Jose that can give you comparison quotes.
Picking an car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How are they compensated?
If you get good feedback to any questions you have and affordable Kia Stinger insurance rates in San Jose quotes, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that can service your policy.
Cheaper insurance rates are possible
Cheaper Kia Stinger insurance in San Jose is attainable both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop San Jose car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not have rates over the internet and these regional carriers work with local independent agents.
When getting San Jose car insurance quotes online, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
We've covered a lot of techniques to lower your Kia Stinger insurance prices in San Jose. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices come from a small local company. These companies often have lower rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in San Jose? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 60 in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)