Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most insurance customers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never compared insurance rates at all. Many consumers in California could save an average of almost $470 each year, but they won't spend time to find affordable insurance rates.
Truthfully, the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in San Jose. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Try to understand coverages and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like traffic violations and a less-than-favorable credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Ram coverage is available in San Jose. If you can save money and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for your new coverage. Immediately place your new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
How much is Dodge Ram insurance in San Jose?
Just keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies helps locate the best rates. Some smaller insurers do not give San Jose Ram insurance quotes over the internet, so you also need to get prices from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in San Jose, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Save money with these six discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be significant discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Just owning your own home can get you a discount because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Cautious Driver Discounts - Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Student Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote San Jose car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being on active duty in the military can result in better car insurance rates.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
The illustration below compares Dodge Ram insurance costs with and without discounts. Data assumes a male driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies who may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
Check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in San Jose. If you would like to view insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in California, click here to view.
Facts and figures for Dodge Ram insurance
The rate information shown next highlights estimates of rate quotes for Dodge Ram models. Learning more about how auto insurance prices are determined can help you make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$326||$554||$564||$34||$168||$1,646||$137|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$370||$672||$564||$34||$168||$1,808||$151|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$370||$672||$564||$34||$168||$1,808||$151|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$370||$672||$564||$34||$168||$1,808||$151|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$370||$672||$564||$34||$168||$1,808||$151|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$370||$672||$564||$34||$168||$1,808||$151|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$370||$672||$564||$34||$168||$1,808||$151|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$370||$672||$564||$34||$168||$1,808||$151|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$370||$672||$564||$34||$168||$1,808||$151|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$412||$792||$564||$34||$168||$1,970||$164|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$412||$792||$564||$34||$168||$1,970||$164|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$412||$792||$564||$34||$168||$1,970||$164|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$412||$792||$564||$34||$168||$1,970||$164|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$412||$792||$564||$34||$168||$1,970||$164|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$412||$792||$564||$34||$168||$1,970||$164|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$412||$792||$564||$34||$168||$1,970||$164|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$412||$792||$564||$34||$168||$1,970||$164|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$412||$792||$564||$34||$168||$1,970||$164|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$412||$912||$564||$34||$168||$2,090||$174|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$412||$912||$564||$34||$168||$2,090||$174|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise coverage rates significantly.
The example below demonstrates how deductible levels and can raise or lower Dodge Ram annual premium costs for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Car insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders increase Dodge Ram auto insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Age-based car insurance rates by gender in San Jose
The chart below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance premiums for male and female drivers. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.