If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get low-cost Dodge Magnum insurance in San Jose is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers who sell auto insurance in California.
First, get an understanding of what is in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like traffic citations and a less-than-favorable credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for additional ideas to prevent rate hikes and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies. Begin your rate comparison
Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new agent or company. As soon as you have the new policy, put the proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates from other carriers. California consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in San Jose is not that difficult. In essence, everyone who compares rates for car insurance will most likely find better rates. But California vehicle owners need to have an understanding of how the larger insurance companies calculate your car insurance rates and use it to your advantage.
When comparing insurance rates, know that quoting more helps you find a lower rate.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the high cost, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Dodge Magnum and your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Don’t overlook these Dodge Magnum insurance discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always list the entire discount list very well, so the list below details a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can help you save on insurance because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance companies have a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies permit an accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total Magnum insurance premium.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having several vehicles on the same insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Paperwork-free – Many larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for better insurance rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
Popular insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts for driver’s education, student away at school, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive discounts include good student, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Travelers has savings for IntelliDrive, save driver, student away at school, new car, and good student.
- American Family includes discounts for multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, early bird, mySafetyValet, and defensive driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including preferred payment discount, newly retired, newly married, multi-car, multi-policy, and new move discount.
When getting free San Jose car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts may not be offered in San Jose. To see a list of insurance companies with the best Dodge Magnum insurance discounts in San Jose, click this link.
Can’t I compare rates from local San Jose insurance agents?
Certain consumers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in San Jose that can give you free San Jose car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to find an agent since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific company, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in San Jose?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How long has their agency been open in San Jose?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you are searching for a local San Jose insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents from which to choose. Agents in San Jose can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company like Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in San Jose that can give you rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in San Jose that can give you rate quotes.
Cya Insurance Agency From Sn
1271 Story Rd #50 – San Jose, CA 95122 – (408) 971-4172 – View Map
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
We just presented many ways to reduce Dodge Magnum insurance prices online in San Jose. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
When searching for the cheapest Dodge Magnum rate quotes, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, drivers have reduced collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
More information is located on the following sites:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in San Jose? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Versa in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Jose Auto Insurance for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Jose Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)