Comparing and finding more affordable coverage rates for Dodge Avenger insurance in San Jose could be difficult for drivers who are beginners to online insurance quotes. Drivers have so many companies to choose from that it can easily be a big hassle to find cheaper Dodge Avenger insurance rates.
How to buy affordable Dodge Avenger insurance in San Jose
Truthfully, the best way to find discount auto insurance rates in San Jose is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in California. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
First, learn about how companies set rates and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s amazing but most auto insurance buyers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. The average driver in San Jose could save themselves 35% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t understand how simple it is to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
If you’re already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using these techniques. The goal of this article is to teach you how car insurance works and some tips to save money. Although California vehicle owners must learn how insurance companies determine what you pay because rates are impacted by many factors.
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways to compare quotes from many available car insurance companies in California. The easiest way by far to compare Dodge Avenger insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online.
Keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates helps improve the odds of finding the best price.
The following companies provide free quotes in San Jose, CA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
The price information below outlines different insurance coverage prices for Dodge Avenger models. Having a good understanding how rate quotes are figured can be valuable when making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific San Jose garaging location which can decrease or increase rates considerably.
Full coverage or liability only
The example below shows the comparison of Dodge Avenger premium costs with and without full coverage. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no exact rule that works best for making the decision to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Avenger replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $200 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the high cost, auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge for a much higher rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Dodge Avenger and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in California overpays as much as $750 every year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Smart Consumers Know How to Buy Auto Insurance More Affordably
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower rates. Lots of things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
- Add-on coverages can cost a lot – There are a ton of additional coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, towing coverage, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
- Annual mileage impacts premiums – The more you drive your Dodge in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that have low annual miles cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Avenger may be costing you higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance coverage states the correct usage for each vehicle.
Gender as a rate factor – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both tend to get into auto accidents in similar numbers, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. They also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving.
The example below shows the comparison of Dodge Avenger auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
With age comes responsibility – Young drivers in California are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Adding a teenage driver onto your auto insurance can be quite pricey. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
The next chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Rates and your address – Being located in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. People in densely populated areas have more road rage incidents and longer commute times. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
- Raising coverage deductibles saves money – Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. Some coverage claims are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- Reserve policy claims for larger damages – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on higher rates. Car insurance companies in California give discounts to drivers who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Poor driving leads to higher premiums – Only having one speeding ticket can bump up the cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay less for auto insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers with serious violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault claims impact Dodge Avenger yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Is my Dodge Avenger covered if I use it for business?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
You just learned many ideas to shop for Dodge Avenger insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable San Jose auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from an unexpected company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents. Budget-conscious Dodge Avenger insurance can be bought from both online companies and with local San Jose insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
How to buy cheaper Dodge Avenger insurance in San Jose
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get budget auto insurance rates in San Jose is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies in California. This can be done by completing these steps.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many things that are responsible for high rates like accidents, careless driving, and a low credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. View rates
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One tip to remember is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with every company you can. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Jose Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Ford F-150 in San Jose? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Jose Auto Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Jose Auto Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Seniors in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)