Everyone knows that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who shop for lower prices will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent car insurance study discovered that people who did price comparisons regularly saved $3,400 over four years compared to those who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance is the reason for your visit, then understanding the best way to shop and compare coverages can help you be more efficient.
Really, the only way to get low-cost Subaru Baja insurance in San Jose is to compare prices once a year from providers who sell insurance in California. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that cause rate increases like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a low credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover more information to get affordable coverage and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new agent or company. As soon as you receive it, store the certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
How to get free Subaru Baja insurance quotes online
Many insurance companies make it easy to get coverage price quotes from their websites. Comparing prices online for Subaru Baja insurance in San Jose is quite easy because you just enter your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, the company’s rating system gets reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information based on these factors. Using the web to get quotes for Subaru Baja insurance in San Jose makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s very important to do this if you want to find the lowest payment.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended that you enter the coverages as shown on your current policy. This helps ensure you will get a price comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The following companies provide free rate quotes in San Jose, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though San Jose Baja insurance rates can get expensive, buying auto insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Baja with a loan, almost every bank will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Subaru at a much higher rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Subaru Baja. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Subaru gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Determine discounts on San Jose insurance
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be asked for before being credited.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive better insurance rates.
- Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for good student, air bags, multi-vehicle, military active duty, membership and employees, and emergency military deployment.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for good driver, type of vehicle, good student, low natural disaster claims, multi-policy, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include business and professional, youthful driver, early shopping, teen driver, mature driver, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, anti-lock brakes, company car, mature driver, multiple vehicles, and paperless.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for multi-car, teen driver discount, newly married, hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, multi-policy, and newly retired.
- SAFECO includes discounts for accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, and drive less.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- USAA has savings for vehicle storage, military installation, new vehicle, family discount, and multi-vehicle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in San Jose. To choose companies offering insurance discounts in California, follow this link.