The best way we recommend to get low-cost Mazda 5 insurance in San Jose is to compare quotes annually from different companies who can sell car insurance in California.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about car insurance and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as careless driving and a bad credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new policy. As soon as you can, place the new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Drivers who shop around for cheaper price quotes will most likely move their business because there is a good probability of finding better rates. A recent study showed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to people who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price for Mazda 5 insurance in San Jose is your intention, learning how to quote prices and compare cheaper coverage can help simplify the process.
Cheap Mazda insurance price quotes in San Jose
The companies shown below provide quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Mazda 5 coverage analysis
The information shown next outlines different insurance premium costs for Mazda 5 models. Learning more about how car insurance premiums are formulated can be of help when making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|5 Sport Station Wagon||$144||$252||$360||$22||$108||$886||$74|
|5 Touring Station Wagon||$164||$308||$360||$22||$108||$962||$80|
|5 Grand Touring Station Wagon||$164||$308||$360||$22||$108||$962||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in specific location which can lower or raise premium rates noticeably.
The diagram below highlights how deductible choice and can increase or decrease Mazda 5 premium costs for each age group. The data is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims increase Mazda 5 car insurance rates for each different age category. The prices are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance premiums by gender
The diagram below compares Mazda 5 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Get cheaper Mazda 5 insurance in San Jose with discounts
Insurance can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings up to 30%.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Mazda 5 insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums assume a female driver, no claims or violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- 21st Century offers discounts including theft prevention, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, air bags, and automatic seat belts.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- State Farm includes discounts for passive restraint, student away at school, accident-free, good student, driver’s education, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Nationwide has discounts for business or organization, defensive driving, family plan, anti-theft, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, and multi-policy.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for renters, Pac-12 alumni, online shopper, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford has savings for good student, bundle, defensive driver, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in your state. To choose companies that offer the discounts shown above in San Jose, click this link.
Auto insurance agents can help
Many drivers would rather have an agent’s advice and we recommend doing that Good agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheaper rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in San Jose that give free quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you need to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing an provider shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Which family members are covered?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
When finding local San Jose agents, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they operate. Agents in San Jose are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the differences because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in San Jose willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following are San Jose independent insurance agents willing to provide price quotes.
Cya Insurance Agency From Sn
1271 Story Rd #50 – San Jose, CA 95122 – (408) 971-4172 – View Map
Don’t give up on cheap rates
Discount Mazda 5 insurance in San Jose is definitely available on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and these regional carriers only sell through local independent agencies.
As you quote San Jose auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to shop for Mazda 5 insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper San Jose auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Additional detailed information can be read at these sites:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Jose Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Jose Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)