How many times have you said it’s time to compare lower-priced Kia Sportage insurance in San Jose? Nobody that owns a car gets a kick out of paying for car insurance, especially when they are aware that they are paying too much.
Astonishing but true, the vast majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. San Jose drivers could save an average of roughly 35% each year, but they underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy.
Steps to finding better rates for Kia Sportage insurance in San Jose
The most effective way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers in San Jose. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Get an understanding of individual coverages and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. This article gives the details to help reduce prices and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources. View prices
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate in San Jose. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. This enables a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Because you have many companies and agents to choose from, it can be challenging to locate the best car insurance company.
It’s a great practice to check car insurance prices once or twice a year since insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the best rate on Kia Sportage insurance in San Jose six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of wrong information about Sportage insurance out there, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some guaranteed methods to find cheap car insurance in San Jose.
When shopping for Kia Sportage insurance in San Jose there are multiple ways of comparing rate quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. The easiest way to find affordable Kia Sportage insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes.
It’s so fast and easy to compare price quotes online that it takes the place of having to spend time driving to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing Kia Sportage insurance rate quotes online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the advice and guidance only provided by licensed agents. It is possible to find lower rates online and still use a local agent. It’s important to know that comparing all the rates in your area provides better odds of finding more affordable insurance.
The following companies can provide comparison quotes in San Jose, CA. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts can help lower rates on Kia Sportage insurance in San Jose
Companies do not advertise all available discounts very clearly, so the list below details a few of the more common and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their San Jose auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- San Jose Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The example below illustrates the difference between Kia Sportage insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
To locate insurance companies who offer cheap Kia Sportage insurance quotes in San Jose in California, click this link.
Insurance coverage details
The information shown below covers a range of insurance rates for Kia Sportage models. Having a good grasp of how insurance rates are calculated can be valuable when making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$284||$554||$500||$30||$150||$1,518||$127|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$284||$554||$500||$30||$150||$1,518||$127|
|Sportage EX 2WD 4-Dr||$326||$672||$500||$30||$150||$1,678||$140|
|Sportage LX 4WD 4-Dr||$326||$672||$500||$30||$150||$1,678||$140|
|Sportage EX 4WD 4-Dr||$326||$672||$500||$30||$150||$1,678||$140|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can lower or raise coverage rates substantially.
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can impact Kia Sportage yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The costs are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The information below shows how violations and at-fault accidents influence Kia Sportage insurance rates for each different age category. The premiums assume a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Kia Sportage insurance premiums by gender in San Jose
The diagram below shows the comparison of Kia Sportage insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Full coverage versus liability-only in San Jose
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Kia Sportage car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop full coverage
There is no set guideline of when to eliminate full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Kia Sportage replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $800 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
San Jose Insurance Premiums are Influenced by These Factors
Many different elements are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
The factors shown below are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
- Consider raising deductibles – Your deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be rear-ending another vehicle, vandalism, or theft of your vehicle. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Drive fewer miles and save – The higher the mileage driven each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. An improperly rated Sportage is throwing money out the window. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy properly reflects the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Avoid unnecessary incidental coverages – There are quite a few additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t diligent. Coverages like roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and term life insurance are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
Experienced drivers pay less – Teen drivers in California are proven to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Parents adding a teen driver onto a policy will cause a huge premium hike. Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
The following data is based on a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Liability coverage will provide protection when a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- File policy claims and pay more – Companies in California award cheaper rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is designed for more catastrophic claims.
Insurance losses for a Kia Sportage – Insurance companies use historical loss data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that historically have higher number or severity of losses will have higher premium rates. The table below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Kia Sportage vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Percentage values below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Kia Sportage Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sportage 4dr 2WD 82 100 66 113 127 109 Kia Sportage 4dr 4WD 90 100 83 116 108 101BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years