How many times have you said it's time to compare more competitive insurance rates in San Jose, CA? San Jose drivers have options when trying to find low-cost Ford Expedition insurance. They can either waste time calling around to compare prices or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates. There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance and you need to know the proper way to compare rates for your Ford and get the best price possible from both online companies and San Jose agents.
You should take the time to price shop coverage at least once a year since rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Ford Expedition insurance in San Jose a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because it's time to teach you the fastest and easiest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you have a policy now or just want a better rate, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. The intent of this article is to teach you the best way to quote coverages. Drivers just need to know the most time-saving way to compare company rates instantly.
Insurance policy discounts for Ford Expedition insurance in San Jose
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but a few must be manually applied before they will apply.
- College Student - Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from San Jose and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Braking Control Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low annual miles could qualify for slightly better insurance rates than normal.
- Multi-line Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking a course teaching defensive driver skills may get you a small discount if you qualify.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, companies don't profit that way. Any amount of discount will cut your policy premiums.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Ford Expedition auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, multiple autos, good student, good driver, safe vehicle, and accident-free.
- GEICO may offer discounts for daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, air bags, anti-theft, and military active duty.
- Allstate has discounts for safe driver, FullPay discount, eSmart discount, economy car, defensive driver, premier discount, and resident student.
- SAFECO offers discounts for anti-theft, drive less, multi-car, teen safety rewards, and homeowner.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for 55 and retired, youthful driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA discounts include pay-in-full, anti-theft, good driver, multi-car, AAA membership discount, good student, and education and occupation.
When quoting, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts might not be offered in your area.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance can be surprisingly simple. The only requirement is to take a few minutes to compare rate quotes to discover which company has cheaper San Jose car insurance quotes.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in San Jose, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get prices from several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Insurance statistics and figures
The coverage table shown next showcases estimates of insurance policy prices for Ford Expedition models. Having a better understanding of how insurance prices are established can be valuable when making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Expedition SSV 2WD||$422||$694||$508||$30||$152||$1,806||$151|
|Expedition XLT 2WD||$476||$844||$508||$30||$152||$2,010||$168|
|Expedition SSV 4WD||$476||$844||$508||$30||$152||$2,010||$168|
|Expedition XLT 4WD||$476||$844||$508||$30||$152||$2,010||$168|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD||$476||$996||$508||$30||$152||$2,162||$180|
|Expedition Limited 2WD||$476||$996||$508||$30||$152||$2,162||$180|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD||$476||$996||$508||$30||$152||$2,162||$180|
|Expedition King Ranch 4WD||$530||$996||$508||$30||$152||$2,216||$185|
|Expedition King Ranch 2WD||$530||$996||$508||$30||$152||$2,216||$185|
|Expedition Limited 4WD||$530||$996||$508||$30||$152||$2,216||$185|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can alter price quotes noticeably.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Ford Expedition car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The premiums are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no specific rule to drop full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's say your Ford Expedition settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not remove full coverage.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
What if I want to buy from local San Jose insurance agents?
Many drivers would rather talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
Types of auto insurance agents
If you want to use a reputable insurance agent or broker, it's important to understand the different agency structures to choose from. Insurance agencies in San Jose can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can handle auto insurance, but it's worth learning the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so it's a take it or leave it situation. These agents are well schooled on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often use the same agent mostly because of the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Below are exclusive agencies in San Jose that are able to give price quote information.
- Doug Kim - State Farm Insurance Agent
1361 S Winchester Blvd #107 - San Jose, CA 95128 - (408) 370-2008 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Phuong Tran
510 N 1st St Ste 224 - San Jose, CA 95112 - (408) 993-9898 - View Map
- Debbie Yang - State Farm Insurance Agent
3484 Stevens Creek Blvd Ste A - San Jose, CA 95117 - (408) 261-1623 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they can write business through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you. If you need lower rates, you will want to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in San Jose willing to provide rate quotes.
- Lords Insurance Agency Inc
2239 Moorpark Ave #100 - San Jose, CA 95128 - (408) 289-5445 - View Map
- Cya Insurance Agency From Sn
1271 Story Rd #50 - San Jose, CA 95122 - (408) 971-4172 - View Map
- All Solutions Insurance - San Jose
574 Blossom Hill Rd - San Jose, CA 95123 - (408) 225-4300 - View Map
Shop around and save
When shopping online for car insurance, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out they didn't have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Affordable Ford Expedition insurance in San Jose can be found online in addition to many San Jose insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies don't offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims and high prices. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is actually quite simple.
How to buy affordable Ford Expedition insurance in San Jose
The preferred way to save on Ford Expedition insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from companies who provide car insurance in San Jose. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Read and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a lousy credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A good piece of advice is to try to use identical coverage information on each quote and and to look at as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for 4x4 Vehicles in San Jose? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)