Are you a victim of an expensive auto insurance policy? It's a common feeling and many San Jose consumers feel financially strained by their auto insurance policy.
Unthinkable but true, nearly 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in California being $1,400, drivers could save as much as $470 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't want to spend time to find cheaper insurance by shopping around. Lots of insurance companies contend to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the lowest price on Chevy City Express insurance in San Jose.
You should make it a habit to compare rates every six months because insurance prices change regularly. Even if you got the lowest price on Chevy City Express insurance in San Jose six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. There is a lot of wrong information about City Express insurance online, but I'm going to show you some of the best ways to put money back in your pocket.
How to compare free San Jose Chevy City Express insurance price quotes
All the larger insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO provide coverage prices on their websites. Getting online quotes for Chevy City Express insurance in San Jose is possible for anyone because it's just a matter of typing in the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, their rating system requests information on your driving record and credit history and returns pricing information based on these factors. Getting online rates for Chevy City Express insurance in San Jose simplifies rate comparisons, and it's absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for a lower rate.
To compare pricing, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This makes sure you're receiving comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in San Jose, CA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Get cheaper Chevy City Express insurance rates in San Jose
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may qualify for discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Multiple Cars - Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Paperless Signup - A handful of car insurance companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning your own home or condo can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Discount for Good Grades - Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- College Student Discount - Older children who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Select companies reward you with a discounted price on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Pay Early and Save - By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one isn't a discount, but companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual permit an accident without raising rates so long as you haven't had any claims for a certain period of time.
It's important to note that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Chevy City Express yearly insurance costs with and without discounts. The data is based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
If you would like to view insurance companies with the best discounts in California, click here.
Insurance coverage details
The table displayed next outlines detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Chevy City Express models. Being able to understand how insurance premiums are figured can aid in making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|City Express Cargo 2500 2WD||$332||$564||$442||$26||$132||$1,496||$125|
|City Express Cargo 1500 2WD||$332||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,618||$135|
|City Express Cargo 3500 2WD||$380||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,666||$139|
|City Express 2500 LT 2WD||$380||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,666||$139|
|City Express 2500 2WD||$380||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,666||$139|
|City Express 2500 LS 2WD||$380||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,666||$139|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$380||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,666||$139|
|City Express Cargo 1500 AWD||$380||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,666||$139|
|City Express 1500 LS 2WD||$380||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,666||$139|
|City Express 1500 LS AWD||$380||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,790||$149|
|City Express 1500 AWD||$380||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,790||$149|
|City Express 1500 LT 2WD||$380||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,790||$149|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$380||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,790||$149|
|City Express Cargo 2500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$430||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,840||$153|
|City Express 3500 LT 2WD||$430||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,840||$153|
|City Express 3500 LS 2WD||$430||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,840||$153|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$430||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,840||$153|
|City Express 1500 LT AWD||$430||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,840||$153|
|City Express Cargo 3500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$430||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,840||$153|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel AWD||$430||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,840||$153|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in specific garaging location which can influence coverage rates substantially.
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can change Chevy City Express annual premium costs for different age groups. The data is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage?
The information below illustrates the comparison of Chevy City Express insurance prices with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. Data assumes no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no definitive guideline of when to exclude full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Chevy City Express replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $300 a year for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you haven't paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Local San Jose insurance agencies and car insurance
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is still important in San Jose.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to companies in San Jose who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If you wish to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- If they are an independent agency in San Jose, which companies do they recommend?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is the agent properly licensed in California?
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction to all your questions and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurer that is a good match to insure your vehicles.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Chevy City Express Insurance Premiums?
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
The list below includes some of the items companies use to determine prices.
- Only buy add-on coverages you need - There are a lot of extra coverages that can waste your money if you don't pay attention. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem good when buying your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
- Bundle policies to earn discounts - Lots of insurers allow discounts to people who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it's always a smart idea to get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most. Consumers may find better rates by splitting coverages up.
Insurance prices are higher for high performance vehicles - The performance of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. Low performance passenger vehicles usually are quite affordable to insure, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The next chart is based on a single female driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Chevrolet City Express policy rates compared to other vehicles that have different risk factors.
Teenagers are high risk - Young drivers in California are statistically proven to be more careless in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Adding a teen driver to your policy can be very expensive. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
The following data uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in San Jose, buying car insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your City Express, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your Chevy City Express and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your City Express greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in California is wasting up to $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to save money.
Lower-priced car insurance in San Jose is possible from both online companies as well as from independent agents in San Jose, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not have internet price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We've covered a lot of information how to shop for Chevy City Express insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher your chance of finding cheaper San Jose car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. They can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
When getting San Jose car insurance quotes online, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Steps to buying affordable Chevy City Express insurance in San Jose
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find discount car insurance rates in San Jose is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who sell auto insurance in California. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple companies. Select a company
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
More detailed car insurance information can be read by following these links:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- How Much are San Jose Auto Insurance Quotes for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)