High-priced insurance in San Jose can stress out your budget and force you to prioritize other expenses.
It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who shop around for cheaper price quotes will presumably buy a different policy because there is a good probability of finding a more affordable policy. A study discovered that consumers who compared rates once a year saved on average $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on car insurance in San Jose is your objective, then having a good understanding the best way to compare auto insurance can make the process less intimidating. Many insurers compete for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer and uncover the absolute lowest rate possible on Chevy Bolt insurance in San Jose.
You should make it a habit to do rate comparisons before your next renewal because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. If you had the lowest price on Chevy Bolt insurance in San Jose a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the best ways to find better coverage on Chevy Bolt insurance in San Jose at a better price.
The majority of larger companies provide price estimates direct online. Doing online price comparisons for Chevy Bolt insurance in San Jose is pretty easy as you simply enter your required coverages as requested by the quote form. Once you submit the form, their rating system will order your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote determined by many factors. Being able to quote online for Chevy Bolt insurance in San Jose makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible in order to find a lower rate.
In order to compare pricing, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy the coverage information as shown on your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will be getting a price comparison based on identical coverages.
The providers in the list below offer comparison quotes in San Jose, CA. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Chevy Bolt insurance in San Jose
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but some must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote San Jose auto insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Theft Deterrent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount when getting a San Jose auto insurance quote.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted price on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
Don’t be shocked that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- Esurance discounts include good student, emergency road assistance, defensive driver, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford offers discounts including good student, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, bundle, air bag, driver training, and defensive driver.
- AAA offers premium reductions for education and occupation, good student, multi-car, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-vehicle, seat belt use, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, air bags, driver training, and good student.
- State Farm may have discounts that include student away at school, driver’s education, multiple policy, good driver, good student, and defensive driving training.
It’s a good idea to ask every company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered everywhere. To see auto insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in San Jose, click this link.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
Some consumers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing car insurance online is you may find cheaper premium rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to insurance agents in San Jose who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurer requires you to look at more than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How often do they review coverages?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Where would glass claims be handled in San Jose?
Two types of San Jose car insurance agents
If you want to buy car insurance from a good San Jose insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. San Jose agents are either exclusive or independent. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are exclusive agents in San Jose who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it’s a good idea to include a few independent agents to maximize your price options.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in San Jose willing to provide price quote information.
Sergio Plascencia Insurance Agency
3136 Story Rd – San Jose, CA 95127 – (408) 254-8336 – View Map
If you receive satisfactory answers to your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that is professional and can insure your vehicles. Just be aware that it’s your policy and you can cancel a policy when you choose so never assume that you are obligated to a specific company for a certain time period.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Should I buy only the required California minimum liability coverage?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in California?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Learn How to Find Insurance Cheaper
Lots of factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but some are not quite as obvious like where you live or how safe your car is.
Always keep your coverage in place – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse can be a sure-fire way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you fines or a revoked license. You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the California department of motor vehicles.
Save money with excellent credit – A driver’s credit history will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. People that have high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have worse credit. Therefore, if your credit score is not that good, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Bolt if you improve your credit rating.
Tickets inflate costs – Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Only having one ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who get severe citations such as reckless driving or DUI may need to file a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to keep their license.
The more you drive the more you pay – The more you drive your Chevy in a year’s time the higher your rate. Almost all companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. A policy that improperly rates your Bolt can cost quite a bit. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance coverage correctly shows the proper vehicle usage.
Your job and insurance rates – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers such as doctors, police officers, and dentists have higher premium rates because of intense work situations and lots of time spent away from family. Other professions such as farmers, students and homemakers receive lower rates.
Lower premiums with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can thwart your car from being stolen.
How much liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in when you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
More people means more accidents – Living in a small town has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Lower population means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects not only your Chevy Bolt but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America overpays more than $800 each year so compare rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
The best rates come from being thorough
When shopping online for insurance, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Affordable Chevy Bolt insurance in San Jose can be bought on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
In this article, we covered many ideas to get a better price on Chevy Bolt insurance in San Jose. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
How to buy cheaper Chevy Bolt insurance in San Jose
Truthfully, the best way to find low-cost Chevy Bolt insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurers that sell auto insurance in San Jose. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in San Jose. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new agent or company. Once received, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Jose Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Sonata in San Jose? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)