Want to learn how to find low-cost Lincoln MKC insurance in San Jose? Have you had enough of scraping the payment together to pay high insurance rates every month? You’re in the same situation as most other consumers in California.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that over 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least four years, and just short of a majority have never compared quotes from other companies. Many consumers in San Jose can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they changed companies.
Steps to finding cheaper Lincoln MKC insurance in San Jose
To save the most money, the best way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates in San Jose is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in California.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about individual coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as traffic citations and poor credit history can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on MKC insurance in San Jose. If you find a better price and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This provides a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Due to the large number of options for buying cheap insurance for a Lincoln MKC in San Jose, it’s nearly impossible to pick the right insurance company.
Cutting your San Jose auto insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes to get quotes provided by online insurance companies.
Comparing free price quotes online is easy and it, replaces the need to go to insurance agents’ offices. Quoting Lincoln MKC insurance online eliminates this option unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional assistance of a local San Jose agent. You can, however, compare the best prices online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The following companies offer price quotes in San Jose, CA. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need vehicle insurance in California
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lincoln in San Jose, car insurance is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Lincoln, it’s most likely the lender will force you to carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Lincoln for a lot more money and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cut your insurance rates with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be asked for before they will apply.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Lincoln may allow you to get cheaper insurance rates.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a defensive driving class could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their San Jose car insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- College Student – Youth drivers living away from San Jose attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select insurance companies give a discount for renewing your policy before your current MKC insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on the same insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, that’s just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your policy premium.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are:
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, good student, driver’s education, defensive driving training, student away at school, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Nationwide includes discounts for easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, good student, accident-free, defensive driving, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may offer discounts for military active duty, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, and daytime running lights.
- AAA may include discounts for good driver, multi-car, good student, education and occupation, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for air bags, anti-lock brakes, good student, student driver, early bird, and driver training.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, good student, driver training, and bundle.
When quoting, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be offered everywhere. If you would like to view insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in San Jose, click this link.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When it comes to the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What happens if I owe more than my Lincoln MKC is worth?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.