No one likes having to buy insurance, especially when they are aware that it costs too dang much.
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around for cheaper prices will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because they stand a good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A study discovered that people who compared rates once a year saved an average of $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding low prices for insurance in San Jose is your objective, learning how to choose a company and compare car insurance can make the process more efficient.
Due to the increasing number of companies to choose from that have cheap insurance for a Cadillac SRX in San Jose, it’s nearly impossible to locate a lower cost insurer.
It’s a great practice to take a look at other company’s rates periodically because insurance prices change quite often. Even if you got the best deal on Cadillac SRX insurance in San Jose a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about SRX insurance on the internet, but you can learn some tested techniques to lower your insurance rates in San Jose.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in San Jose is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. In a nutshell, every car owner who comparison shops for car insurance stands a good chance to find a cheaper policy. Although California car owners must comprehend how insurance companies price online insurance.
When shopping for Cadillac SRX insurance in San Jose there are multiple ways of comparing rates from local San Jose auto insurance companies. The fastest way to comparison shop is to jump online and get quotes.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it replaces the need to drive to different agent offices. Doing it all online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the professional guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. You can, however, find lower rates online but buy from a local insurance agent. When price shopping your coverage, comparing a wide range of rates helps locate a better price. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online San Jose SRX insurance quotes, so you also need to get rates from those companies as well.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance is not optional in California
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Cadillac at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Cadillac SRX insurance rates and statistics
The premium table displayed next covers a range of rate quotes for Cadillac SRX models. Having a better understanding of how insurance policy premiums are formulated is important to be able to make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|SRX Luxury 2WD||$428||$960||$596||$36||$178||$2,198||$183|
|SRX Luxury AWD||$428||$960||$596||$36||$178||$2,198||$183|
|SRX Performance 2WD||$476||$960||$596||$36||$178||$2,246||$187|
|SRX Performance AWD||$476||$960||$596||$36||$178||$2,246||$187|
|SRX Premium 2WD||$476||$960||$596||$36||$178||$2,246||$187|
|SRX Premium AWD||$476||$960||$596||$36||$178||$2,246||$187|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in specific location which can alter insurance rates noticeably.
How careless driving impacts insurance rates
The information below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can drive up Cadillac SRX insurance rates for different insured age categories. The data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage?
The illustration below shows the comparison of Cadillac SRX premium costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no exact formula of when to exclude comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Cadillac SRX settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $600 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Take policy discounts and save on Cadillac SRX insurance in San Jose
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there are discounts available that many consumers don’t even know exist. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be manually applied before they will apply. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few larger companies offer discounts for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. The savings is around 10%.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers get the best auto insurance rates in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having more than one vehicle with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote San Jose auto insurance with some auto insurance companies.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will reduce your policy premiums.
The example below illustrates the difference between Cadillac SRX auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The information is based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few companies that may offer many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
Check with every company to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not be offered in San Jose.